Documentaries

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: Documentaries

Post by Hades »

mattie wrote:As a parent myself its sad that viewing like this no matter how repulsive becomes compulsory in a know your enemy manner.
exactly my sentiments indeed.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Sey
Chernobyl

Post by Sey »

Watched that Paris-Berlin techno documentary last week, it was great. For those who haven't seen it yet, I recommend it.

Oh and amazing soundtrack btw :twisted:

youtu.be/2xw3a_qfGBY

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

just finished watching this one on youtube (showed up on my feed),
the title really sucks,
but it was no doubt one of the best documentaries I have ever seen on youtube.

The way these guys have to deal with being in the smallest cells ever imagenable for 25 years or more,
with little to no hope...
And yet none of them is really complaining, and none of them is denying their crimes.
All they want is to repent, in some way.
So yeah, even if their crimes were horrible, I think they do deserve some of our respect.

And the massive contrats with for example US prisons, where life is totally different, and violence is everywhere.
pfff...
such a modest documentary in every way...

truely a real youtube gem... :shock: :) :)

youtu.be/n9C3sDEMZfc

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

I'm a big fan of soundbreaking. I still have a few episodes to watch (recorded) but it's great.

Barskiniov
skaghead

Post by Barskiniov »

For you raver guys :ugeek: youtu.be/h3t3YnVgY9k

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Barskiniov wrote:For you raver guys :ugeek: youtu.be/h3t3YnVgY9k
halfway through this now...
Most Vice documentaries are reasonably ok.
I wonder what Steve would have to say about this one...

btw : how come the music I'm hearing is almost always gabber shit... :?

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I thought that was ok. I watched it while I cleaned the kitchen (yes Hades, like how good women-folk should)

It wasn't amazing but kept me entertained.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

StacieAnne wrote: I watched it while I cleaned the kitchen (yes Hades, like how good women-folk should)

I have a cleaning-lady to do that so that my mrs has more time for other household tasks,
like search me the newspapers or bring me my pipe ! 8-)

why is it that I only turn into sexist mode when you're around Stace ? god damn it, what will these other 2 female visitors we get a year think about all that. I am ashamed of myself !!

wormcode
unsure

Post by wormcode »

Hades wrote:
Barskiniov wrote: btw : how come the music I'm hearing is almost always gabber shit... :?
Haha, and sounds like the worst kind too. The guys in the video thumbnail are dressed just like Angerfist though they actually make decent gabber imo. As far as hardcore/gabber goes in 2016 I guess. I heard a Rido/Counterstrike dnb tune from his recent EP in the beginning though, was surprised.

But the whole time watching I kept waiting for Devvo to pop out of the crowd yelling something like "fookin mad raving ya dickhead".

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

3 minutes into this, and already a bit sick in the stomach for the absolute lack of hope for these poor fuckers...

youtu.be/jgaltnLfxo8

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Been waiting for it to be shown again.. missed it last time.

The Punk Singer.. Film about Kathleen Hanna from Bikini Kill is on film 4 tonight / Friday morning @ 0150.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Hades wrote:
Barskiniov wrote:For you raver guys :ugeek: youtu.be/h3t3YnVgY9k
halfway through this now...
Most Vice documentaries are reasonably ok.
I wonder what Steve would have to say about this one...

btw : how come the music I'm hearing is almost always gabber shit... :?
I don`t really know what to say.
Mostly it`s embarrassing.
Or at least an embarrassing, weak representation, but then you aren't likely to get the smart crews inviting journalists in.
So yeah, to save you all a titanic rant, I`ll leave it at that.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ok...
yesterday evening I watched "Road"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3546370/

which is a documentary about the Dunlop family.
about 3/4 of the film is really about Joey Dunlop and Robert Dunlop.
Joey is the biggest talent, who raced till he was 48,
and apart from being the guy who won the legendarily dangerous Isle of Man TT the most times ever,
he actually won it the last time when he was 48 years old.
forty-fucking-eight years old guys. And he still won it ! :shock:

In his spare time during the 90's,
he used to just load up his van with canned food and drive from one Romanian orphanage to the other,
by himself,
sleeping in his van most of the time (just like he did when he was racing all over Europe)

His 8 year younger brother Robert did pretty much just as well,
but he barely survived a major crash once,
a pure technical fault, the rear wheel of his motorcycle just came off so he ended up smacked against a stone wall,
leaving him with his right arm and right leg totally crushed,
yet he didn't stop racing and continued with lighter cc bikes which were adjusted to fit his lesser functioning right hand.

And just when you think you've seen enough drama, and you think it's all about the father and uncle of the 2 young Dunlops,
you see the ultimate plot twist which even the best Hollywood screenwriter couldn't have thought off... :|

Fuck me if that documentary didn't make me cry my heart out.
Absolutely beautfiul.
These guys know with every single race they are risking their lives, and yet they can barely survive from their passion.
At one point near the end of the documentary, there's this shot inside their garage,
and you see a few old "victory" bottles of champagne...
One of them was just a stupid "Freixenet" cava bottle, not even proper champagne,
it's such a tiny detail, but it pretty much sums up how shabby and totally non-big-media their world is...

I wonder if you would say to all these EU football players :
"hey guys, there's a very big chance that even a fraction of a second might mean you won't even survive this game !"
I wonder how many of these guys would still start to play in the game...

No doubt one of the most breath-taking (and moving) documentaries I've ever seen.
People racing at speeds of almost 200 miles per hour, yeah, miles.
For F1 there's always lots of publicity, but even these guys have a better chance of surviving a crash with their car than those road racers on their bikes...

Oh yeah, and one of the best things,
they never tell you when a crash is gonna happen.
You're watching footage of a race, and all of a sudden : BANG... :shock:
Just like it is for the racers.
You'll have quite a few nerve-wrecking moments when watching this one...

avmilli
Pig

Post by avmilli »

Not a documentary but still on the visual tip - I watched the online animation for this years Tour De France. Many suggestions on the site itself that the media came from Dusseldorf. The AV is in sync with soft Roland bubbles and strings combined into an interesting arrangement. Amazing what can happening in the general media, perhaps from those bellweathering !K7 projects.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

Basically forget everything you have learned about space, mythology and human history then watch this. Mind blowing. They have some other series on their YouTube channel that is super interesting if you are tired of mainstream science.

youtu.be/5AUA7XS0TvA

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

So after you have seen Thunderbolts of the Gods it's time for Symbols of an Alien Sky. These three full length episodes goes in much deeper on every subject.

youtu.be/t7EAlTcZFwY

youtu.be/tRV1e5_tB6Y

youtu.be/34wtt2EUToo

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Hepta, it is kind of like Ancient Aliens?

I watched Holy Hell yesterday on NetFlix and it was really good. It was based around daily life in a cult and how it evolves over time. I have always been fascinated by the subject. It has lots of original 90's footage. Well worth a watch IMO.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

No its nothing like Ancient Aliens.

This is about electromagnetism as the dominant force over gravity. Thunderbolts Project is trying to simplify how our observable universe REALLY works using only the laws of electricity instead of gravity which is very inferior in comparison. They are completly the opposite of the standard matematician concept of modern astronomy that only follows up on einsteins work that keeps inventing new gimmickry whenever their formulas cant be applied to what we really are observing.

This changes everything from how planetary bodies interact in correlation to eachother, that the sun is plasma working as a focus of electric current flowing through space rather than being a nuclear furnace burning from its core, and how galaxies works etc etc.

They also believe that our ancient ancestors witnessed a sky that was much much different than todays and that the mythological texts and stories are all cultural transliterations of these EXACT same events. The planets were the gods.

If you are really into big bang theory, black holes and dark matter and everything morgan freeman on discovery channel... this isnt for you. But if you are open minded for an alternative and more realistic hypothesis that will lead to a eventual paradigm shift the go ahead. It's lengthy but so rewarding.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

The Magic Of Mushrooms on BBC4 - Sunday 18th Sept @ 2230.

Really really good doc. Doesn't focus on 'leisure' mushrooms, instead investigates some of their many other applications, from food, to packaging, in biological washing powder, on to medicine etc... & the important role that they play in keeping the world in order.

Well presented.. great info & beautiful to look at in terms of how it is shot, as they get close, examining how spores distribute & leave unique 'fingerprints' on paper, flying through the air.. and spreading underground. Humans share a common ancestor with mushrooms also. Very interesting.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Hepta wrote:Basically forget everything you have learned about space, mythology and human history then watch this. Mind blowing. They have some other series on their YouTube channel that is super interesting if you are tired of mainstream science.

youtu.be/5AUA7XS0TvA
Just watched this. Not bad, but not great either.
though I definitely think it was interesting and this is a far better view on the universe.

what do the other 3 documentaries have to offer Hepta ?
My free time is gonna be very limited pretty soon, and I don't think I want to offer 3x more than an hour if it's at the same level of the one above (no offence). :)