Quick decision: Monomachine or Analog four?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Huck Farper
Alf Garnett
Re: Quick decision: Monomachine or Analog four?

Post by Huck Farper »

One thing about the a4, the reverb is freakin amazing....

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Huck Farper wrote:One thing about the a4, the reverb is freakin amazing....
Yep, Sounds good to me as well. Now that i can say I really gel with Elektrons workflow, I'll get a Rytm soon. Funky boxes.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Mono-xID wrote:
Huck Farper wrote:One thing about the a4, the reverb is freakin amazing....
Yep, Sounds good to me as well. Now that i can say I really gel with Elektrons workflow, I'll get a Rytm soon. Funky boxes.
Me too.

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

Already opened my wallet for Monomachine sfx60 MKii whth +Drive for 650EUR, sounds too good to pass on that.
A4 was almost 300 euro more which I preferred adding to the purchase of the Sherman filterbank 2.
To be honest I dont really use the RYTM onboard fx (atleast not in the studio).. Still prefer other gear/plugins for reverb/delay missions (also works well with the way I work, RYTM FX only comes out thru Main out of RYTM if I remember correctly).
No Bass Lines For Me!

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Dunno about the Rytm but I read at Elektronauts that there is a workaround for using the internal fx when multitrack the A4. Seems to happen via the Ext Ins and you'll loose 1 track though. Haven't tried it yet, still have to discover all the sequencer features.

Did I already mention that I fuckin' love this machine? :lol:

Had a session last weekend over at my mate Dean's studio. Me just using the A4 and he was tweaking his little modular rig. We knocked out a complete tune within 8 hrs and had so much fun. Inspiring as fuck.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Mono-xID wrote:Dunno about the Rytm but I read at Elektronauts that there is a workaround for using the internal fx when multitrack the A4. Seems to happen via the Ext Ins and you'll loose 1 track though. Haven't tried it yet, still have to discover all the sequencer features.

Did I already mention that I fuckin' love this machine? :lol:

Had a session last weekend over at my mate Dean's studio. Me just using the A4 and he was tweaking his little modular rig. We knocked out a complete tune within 8 hrs and had so much fun. Inspiring as fuck.
Man I love mine too, talking about it with people who have it too gets me the most excited, yesterday I had a pretty dope session with is as well.

Its just a sketch, together with the machinedrum but you can knock out such organic sounds.

I'm getting the AR to match the a4, the machinedrum is really nice but doesnt fit my music that greatly.

Just two sketches with the a4 and md on the drums nothing fancy.

https://soundcloud.com/alume-music/clip-3/s-y41k8

https://soundcloud.com/alume-music/clip-4/s-3YPjZ

Took me agaes to figure out these little workflow things, once you get those its really starts to shine. youtube vids really help.

Im thinking on building these sketches into tracks using the song mode etc. I really want to dive into it and leave ableton for what it is atm.

How dop you save, etc, how do you configure the machine basically(projects, kits, sounds)

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Alume wrote:https://soundcloud.com/alume-music/clip-3/s-y41k8

https://soundcloud.com/alume-music/clip-4/s-3YPjZ

Took me agaes to figure out these little workflow things, once you get those its really starts to shine. youtube vids really help.

Im thinking on building these sketches into tracks using the song mode etc. I really want to dive into it and leave ableton for what it is atm.

How dop you save, etc, how do you configure the machine basically(projects, kits, sounds)

Sketches sounding good mate. Got a Donaty Dozzy vibe to me. Nice work, you should transfer them to tracks imo.

As for machine configurations, everything i start is a new project so i'll have everything saved (except some dabbles which come out to be cool will be saved as sounds). But i have to dig deeper within that whole structure thing which is secondary to me at this stage of learning the machine. Making sounds and getting to know the capabilities of sounddesign are primary at the moment.

Btw: here is the track me and Dean made that weekend. All sounds and sequences are A4 and Modular, drums programmed and processed in Live. Some tweaks on the mix plus mastering and then we're about to start a collabo project and send out some demo's.

private link: https://soundcloud.com/monoxid/monoxid- ... en/s-7j59z

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Thanks for the feedback will continue with them, hopefully ill get most of the work done in the machines themselves.

That track sounds pretty big man. Really solid, what sound are from the a4?

Sound like you guys got some good chemistry going on.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Alume wrote: That track sounds pretty big man. Really solid, what sound are from the a4?
Sub kick, distorted saw stab plus one part of these syncopated bleeps are from the A4 as far as i remember.
Alume wrote:Sound like you guys got some good chemistry going on.
Yeah seems so. He's my best mate for nearly ten years now. Actually he's the one who gave a push to start with production back then and showed me some basics. Somehow we never made music together but now we deffo will come up with a project in the near future. Was about time and i guess it was an unconcious but good decision to wait for a collabo until i gained the experience that i got now. Though he's skilled 1000 times more than me we definetly got a nice vibe when we are at his cave. More things to come for sure.

Oh, and glad that you like it mate. ;)

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Sounds good man, in the end that what its all about. Having a laugh while making some beatssss.

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

Got the monomachine, already liking it!
Pretty similar in flow with other Elektron synths, but defo need to read the manual!
No Bass Lines For Me!

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Using elektron goes exponential once you poke through the first difficulties.

Have fun man. And let us know what you think.

Kuchta
Opposite

Post by Kuchta »

Mslwte wrote:If you get a monomachine the colours won't match! So it has to be the A4.
A man after my own heart... I just can't help it.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Do we have an Elektron User Topic to dump ideas, workflows and interesting techniques? I know there is the dedicated forum Elektronauts, but I'm not really there all that often.

Would it be usefull to begin with?

Merah
arsehole

Post by Merah »

I must admit I'm getting envious hearing you lot talk about these Elektron boxes, especially after listening to these tracks. Sounding dope
Creativity is not a technique, it is a way of life.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Alume wrote:Do we have an Elektron User Topic to dump ideas, workflows and interesting techniques? I know there is the dedicated forum Elektronauts, but I'm not really there all that often.

Great idea. Sharing tips,tricks and patches would be ace.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

I'll make one today, yeah would be cool to share some of those things as everybody approaches them differently and discovers other things.

Cloaked
hunger marcher

Post by Cloaked »

@ Mono, have you tried using the Four as a VST yet?

This is the thing that's swaying me that way, as it did with the Virus TI

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Cloaked wrote:@ Mono, have you tried using the Four as a VST yet?

This is the thing that's swaying me that way, as it did with the Virus TI

You mean, Overbridge? Yes, it's rock solid over here. But I just use it for multitracking the A4. Editing sounds on the hardware only

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Mono-xID wrote:
Alume wrote:Do we have an Elektron User Topic to dump ideas, workflows and interesting techniques? I know there is the dedicated forum Elektronauts, but I'm not really there all that often.

Great idea. Sharing tips,tricks and patches would be ace.
I'd love this, too. I only have a Machinedrum SPS-1 Mk1 (and it's not the UW model, either) and no other Elektron units, although I definitely do plan on getting more of them, but I would love a sub-forum full of tips and hints on how to squeeze the biggest possible sound out of the MD! I suppose I really should make an account on Elektronauts too, hey? Although that forum seems to be really heavily focused on stuff like the RYTM, Octatrak and analog 4...