Achieving those white noise rides?

Punxsutawney Phil's Shadow _ Contains 'A Best Of..' Selection Of Frequently Discussed Topics From THE HOLE
Ploy
skaghead
Re: Achieving those white noise rides?

Post by Ploy »

TomasHD wrote:Personally, I don't think there is a white noise layer under the ride, I think it is a 909 ride that has some kind of processing, i tried some stuff but I haven't achieve decent results.

Here its another example of those noisy rides, so you can have a deeper look
min 3.37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7g5XF8h_Do
Thats the 808. Processed.

http://www.beatsandbeyond.com/music/new ... noloc.html
A question for the gear geeks among us: if we would walk into your studio, what would we see?
Haha, that´s funny, as right now I have Brian Sanhaji and Peter Eilmes sitting on the couch in my studio, actually disturbing my efforts to reply to your questions! Apart from that I currently have an 808 and a 909 standing around here, my PMC monitors, an iMac and all kinds of gear I have collected over the years.

Ploy
skaghead

Post by Ploy »

Planar wrote:
Ploy wrote:Beyond that, I would look at bit reduction to achieve a lo-fi type of quality. Maybe go down to 12bits. Play with the pitch.
Even better, don't imitate it at all and find your own variation on it.
Yeah this is pretty much it.

808 909 Rx5 Machinedrum AnalogRytm Mpc Ableton Whatever you have, just use it. I think what's important is to develop a set of techniques or skills or playing ability and then exploit those skills or a regular basis.

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

For me it sounds like a sidechain compression on white noise + a hat layered on it (or just a hat played at the same time)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

What you want to do, is eat lots of beans.
Then when you have a nice big fart lined up, get near your field recorder, really spread your cheeks wide, pull them apart like you are getting searched in prison.
Then let out the fart, but jiggle your ass up and down in time with your fave bpm
It should be a nice satisfying shhhhhoooooShooooShooooShoooooooomph, nice rhythmic stealth fart.

Then load it up into your fave sampler, stretch it in time with the kick, compress and bitcrush that shit
Instant Berghain techno.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

mr.chielos
Gnasher

Post by mr.chielos »

Yup, best rides are made with brown noise.

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Lost to the Void wrote:What you want to do, is eat lots of beans.
Then when you have a nice big fart lined up, get near your field recorder, really spread your cheeks wide, pull them apart like you are getting searched in prison.
Then let out the fart, but jiggle your ass up and down in time with your fave bpm
It should be a nice satisfying shhhhhoooooShooooShooooShoooooooomph, nice rhythmic stealth fart.

Then load it up into your fave sampler, stretch it in time with the kick, compress and bitcrush that shit
Instant Berghain techno.
Spot on, thanks for the advice!