It's All Sounding Good Until..

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: It's All Sounding Good Until..

Post by Críoch »

No .. It's not the fear of falling through.. Not trying etc .. & all of that .

Just made some cool things & when I put my professors hat on pre-arrangement I fucked everything up. Really.

I can do better. The original idea deserves better too. Will definitely be having another go at it.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Phone yer ma
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

She's dead. Long distance is expensive & she hates Skype.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Attachments
10924658_708933825892732_462119634320203693_n.jpg
10924658_708933825892732_462119634320203693_n.jpg (33.72 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

penumbra
Poo Fingers

Post by penumbra »

mainst09 wrote:.
ha ha... the Pawn Stars!! luv those guys:D

anyways... funny this thread was created; been in the same general situation myself the past couple weeks. In term of separating composition from production. Ive seen/ heard others do this, and it is really helping one of the things I'm really trying to nail... and thats sound selection. Instead of mixing as i go, i postpone the eq's etc. for later. For me, i was relying on EQ to make sounds "work"; when, truthfully, one's sound choices should be as such, that they almost mix themselves... and EQ is only going to make everything sit that much better... i have been happy with my results so far... but still a bit to self conscious to post any examples yet :P. But will get there eventually... ill have to have mommy old my hand probably :D
because a track with a kick on every quarter is completely different than verb bass... the former is creative... latter is not.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

penumbra wrote:
ha ha... the Pawn Stars!! luv those guys:D

i literally hate the show. it's so fucking stupid. he always has to call his buddies to buy some shit,and even if experts say it worths 1 million dollars he will only buy it for 100k lol
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

penumbra
Poo Fingers

Post by penumbra »

mainst09 wrote:
penumbra wrote:
i literally hate the show. it's so fucking stupid. he always has to call his buddies to buy some shit,and even if experts say it worths 1 million dollars he will only buy it for 100k lol

:o

funny.. many people agree with you I'm sure... and I understand your anger, but they gotta make some money themselves... so they usually give 60% or so of what they have to sell it for.

as far as this specific thread.. I watched a Mixing Video from that ADSR site, and the dude's approach is as I explained above. Just doin all the sound choice/creation first, then after bouncing things down (which kinda "seals in stone" your sound choices) then, he can take the "composition' hat off, and put on the "Mix."

(Although, I realize that sound creation may actually involve the use of eq and filters etc.to get a "ballpark" sound going)
because a track with a kick on every quarter is completely different than verb bass... the former is creative... latter is not.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

This thread is awesome!

2015 is off to a great start!!
New Shit

seanocean
Jan : )

Post by seanocean »

Mslwte wrote:Throw it all down into arrangement as quick as you can. Eq and mix as you go along. Save different versions. Have time away from that track and work on several tracks at once. Force it a bit and it will become like second nature in no time.
agreed here.. and that's something i want to work toward, but i also tend to overly fuss and mess with the initial loop before going out to arrange.

recently, i've wanted to try making a quick arrangement and then just mix the track at its peak to see what that does. then i'd mess with the parts by recording a bit of live automation via the controller... either per part or by section.

seems like the best way to get a direction rather than a solid brick.
| / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ |

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Lol @ the pawnstars meme. So fucking true!!

-
2015 is the year of the sheep Steve :)

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

I usually do some basic EQ for each track (on headphones) and after my endless goofing around with the 8 bar loops, i start recording (using an APC to trigger shit). All very basic, after that, i start to add bits and pieces and work on the EQ and fx. I found that once i have the basic arrangement finished, the rest is a lot of fun to handle :)

Get a grip on yourself John and finish something! :P
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Missed all the action here.

Fuck.

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

It's all sounding good until...you add to many sounds and it goes all tech-house! ..

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

just stop adding sounds when you have a basic loop. Just tweak the knobs of synths and effects to kkep it moving.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Mono-xID wrote:just stop adding sounds when you have a basic loop. Just tweak the knobs of synths and effects to kkep it moving.

Inspiring advice.

I might also add, don`t even both tweaking the synths, just do a basic loop, throw your hands in the air and shout to the world "JOB DONE"
Then go and wank in the mirror.
With your sunglasses on.
Then take a selfie.
Don`t forget to post a photo of your ableton arrangement (one solid block of clips lasting 6 minutes) to farcebook to show everyone how Boss Techno you are.
Maybe add a note "My new Joint, Just finished, out on Shitwad Records this afternoon".

It`s what new techno is all about.

:twisted:
New Shit

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Inspiring advice.

I might also add, don`t even both tweaking the synths, just do a basic loop, throw your hands in the air and shout to the world "JOB DONE"
With your sunglasses on.
Then take a selfie.
Don`t forget to post a photo of your ableton arrangement (one solid block of clips lasting 6 minutes) to farcebook to show everyone how Boss Techno you are.
Maybe add a note "My new Joint, Just finished, out on Shitwad Records this afternoon".

Sarcasm? Naaaaah!
Might I add; take a selfie...while wearing a t-shirt with an obnoxious/ironic slogan. Makes all the difference. Workz Wonderz ..

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

A moog t shirt, to prove you know the name of at least one "proper" synth manufacturer, and are Boss Techno.
New Shit

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Haha, all the knowledgeable advice you shared on this forum and yet all this time you were holding back, keeping the real secrets to yourself. What a proper cunt!!
For that, I'm gonna send you your very own selfie pole.
That way, there's no doubting who the real techno don is ..
:D

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

And what makes you think I don't already have a selfie pole and back up selfie pole with built in sunglasses filter?
New Shit

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Mono-xID wrote:just stop adding sounds when you have a basic loop. Just tweak the knobs of synths and effects to kkep it moving.

Inspiring advice.

With your sunglasses on.
Then take a selfie.

Will try this for sure. I'm ready to die after a Shitwad Rec. release.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths