Hi been working on this for a couple of days

feedback welcome

thanks

https://soundcloud.com/jim-sandford/tranz/s-WZ85q

RWise
durchfall
Re: Jim Sandford - Tranz

Post by RWise »

Would get rid of that other resonant mid-synth that comes in at around 2:45. Its too similar to the main bass synth that it just distracts you from the point of the track and clashes.

The main bass synth doesnt have enough movement/modulation through out the track as well. It would benefit from more movement in the filter throughout the track otherwise it can become too static and repetitive.

The synth sounds a little dry as well. Has a Mike Parker style to it and he uses just the right amount of FX on his synths where they blend into the mix nicely.

But cool track overall. Good tool.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

Hexonics
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by Hexonics »

A good rolling track; I like that Synth bass, but as RWise says it need more movement too it. I didn't mind the 2nd mid-synth that comes in, although it perhaps needs to be slightly different in terms of timbre it works rhythmicly.

The percussive drums elements seem a little wooly like they're are lost in the mix a bit, but maybe that was a stylistic choice.

A good tune though i like it

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

That mid synth you got, deff tone it down and EQ that bad boy. The pluck you got too would add a bit more verb and delay to it. Nice stuff though so far, dirty as hell

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Balance is off.
Mids are very forward, tops thin with all their presence sitting above 10-12k when they could do with more 5-8k (bare in mind accel limiting on vinyl starts at 5k) are almost buried once the track is in full swing.
Kick vanishes too once the track is full. Could probably do with giving some more punch to the kick as it is too woolly to push through the meat of the track.
Also the centre image feels splayed and it makes the track lack cohesion and definition, this might not translate too well to club systems as a consequence.

The inverse smile curve of the mix suggest a room with too much bass. Might be worth doing some sine tests to check it all out.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

EKT
BAD

Post by EKT »

I don't like the second tone that's adding to the didgeridoo-like bass between 2:15 - 4:15 and 6:00 - 7:00.
Before and after it's quite hynotizing!

jim_kezzle
Onions

Post by jim_kezzle »

thanks for feedback guys on second listening I agree the drums get drowned and the second synth noise isnt working