Shlømo - Vertigo (Prophän Remix)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Prophän
Back Bling
Shlømo - Vertigo (Prophän Remix)

Post by Prophän »

This was a remix I did for a remix contest in facebook group CDT, ended up taking it a completely different direction, it's available as a free download.

rabbit
Unfriended
Re: Shlømo - Vertigo (Prophän Remix)

Post by rabbit »

YO!

I love your synth/stab stuff - this is a nice trippy thing.
Could be something nice on a PA with some decent strobe.

Some minor cons:
For my taste, the ultra glitchy wet (ableton?) reverb at the beginning is a bit too "digital reverby" - but it is not particularly your song, i never get comfortable with that kind of reverb.
The "tooo clean" kickdrum could be a bit more dirty. Maybe with a soft dist/tube/band.

Anyway.. it went to my sonos playlist ;-)
over.

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

I agree with the kick drum comment, but can also make that bass a bit meaner and leave the kick that you have. Depends on what you want to do, but think it's lacking just a bit in the low end. Atmospheres are great, think you can add more if you want but that's up to you and your style (like the transition from pads into the first kick drum in the intro) I like what you did with the remix, track is overall solid.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

i remember when you posted this in the 'clip of whar youre working on' thread in The Hole. And my main critique was the low-end not working.

Still feel like theres something lacking in the low-end. I think the sub groove is cool but i dunno if the groove is really working with the synths and atmosphere in the track.

I just want the kick and sub to really have some body and weight to them because i love that trippy chord-pad synth and some of the other lil synths later on.

Id recommend listening/analysing some Truncate. Hes the guy who pops to my mind when trying to give feedback on the low-end aspect of your track. Hes the master of weighty, groovy sub lines.

youtu.be/JnKU_ch_WNA
youtu.be/uXjrO2FEzjo
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Well done man, in my opinion your best track so far. If you end up doing something to the low end I would recommend doing the bass line rather than the kick as the kick sounds very nice and tight as it is :)

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Thank you guys for the feedback, alas I lost the file for this track and therefore no further changes can be made to it..
But i'm still pretty satisfied by how it sounds so far, I also agree on what has been said about the lowend/bass

EKT
BAD

Post by EKT »

Good track with a very driving element coming in at ~2:10
I love this notes every 3rd step on a 4/4 grid very much.. (dunno how its called)

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

EKT wrote:Good track with a very driving element coming in at ~2:10
I love this notes every 3rd step on a 4/4 grid very much.. (dunno how its called)
Thank you ! I think it's polyrhythms you're talking about maybe ?

EKT
BAD

Post by EKT »

Prophän wrote: Thank you ! I think it's polyrhythms you're talking about maybe ?
Yes.. exactly! Didn't know how to explain and what to search for... now its clear! Thanks.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I love Shlomo so I’m quite excited to listen to this.

Love the atmosphere at the start.

I like the toms a lot, the hats feel a bit much. I’m not sure about the transitions for the hats coming in and out, or the lack of them.
I feel like the track as a whole is so nice and subtle and restrained that the opens hats are too loud and too brash for it. The closed hats are great. They sit in the mix perfectly for me.

I really like the track overall and I didn’t know the original which, I think helped with being objective. It’s just the open hats I’m not feeling.