Elektron Digitone digital polysynthh

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
nomadjames
mummy!!
Re: Elektron Digitone digital polysynthh

Post by nomadjames »

Mslwte wrote:The Lyra 8 is probably the most interesting thing I've seen recently as well, just not sure it's what I need to be spending my money at the moment.
If I ever have any time at home not surrounded by retards I'll record some of it and stick it up here. I mean if you need a really heavy, constantly evolving, drone synth, get on the list. I can turn it on, hold two notes, and lay down and just listen to it. I haven't even had the opportunity to run it through any effects yet.

There build time was way down. I was told six months and it was ready in two I think.
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

nomadjames wrote:
Mslwte wrote:The Lyra 8 is probably the most interesting thing I've seen recently as well, just not sure it's what I need to be spending my money at the moment.
If I ever have any time at home not surrounded by retards I'll record some of it and stick it up here. I mean if you need a really heavy, constantly evolving, drone synth, get on the list. I can turn it on, hold two notes, and lay down and just listen to it. I haven't even had the opportunity to run it through any effects yet.

There build time was way down. I was told six months and it was ready in two I think.

Hmm, just got a load of money for my birthday.
I think I'm gonna buy one, you sold me.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Mslwte wrote:
Alume wrote:
Mslwte wrote:I'm getting a bit pissed off with all of these new releases as it goes. Every year more new stuff,mostly doing the same thing etc. There isn't much limitation in hardware any more. I'm looking for the quirky stuff myself.
Namm spend your money here etc
We live in a golden age of synths, there's never been this much out there for such an accessible price.

And then I've not even getting started about all the innovations eurorack brings to the electronic musicians in the last couple of years.
Yeah I understand this, and agree to a certain point. But the consumerism aspect has been ramped up in recent years.

The hardware innovations in eurorack have definitely moved forward, but has the music? (Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in utilising modular as audio effect and am looking at DIY kits etc)

P.s I was in a grumpy mood yesterday haha.

No worries mate, totally true on the consumerism part. I dealt with it a lot as well from a music perspective. I believe to be cured now, to a certain extent :lol:

And yeah, grumpy moods, I feel you man 8-)

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

Lost to the Void wrote:
nomadjames wrote:

Hmm, just got a load of money for my birthday.
I think I'm gonna buy one, you sold me.
I’ve sat down with it less than 10 times Void. Every time something very interesting comes out. It might be fucking horrendous, but it’s always interesting. It’s very rich, very complex, and VERY full. I send some to the El Capistan a lot. I cannot wait to run it through some reverbs. I love it man.

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

nomadjames wrote:

Sounds perfect...

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

I'll wait after the first batch of Digibone is out to see if it's the same bugfest like with the Digitwat.

If not... Fuck yeah, I'll buy that motherfucker. Looks like a tasty little box.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

nomadjames wrote:
I’ve sat down with it less than 10 times Void. Every time something very interesting comes out. It might be fucking horrendous, but it’s always interesting. It’s very rich, very complex, and VERY full. I send some to the El Capistan a lot. I cannot wait to run it through some reverbs. I love it man.

I ended up blowing my money on new near fields. ......
Will have to wait a couple of months before I get lyra now.
New Shit

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

I admire them for at least making something a little different, kinda like a modern DX200 is it not?.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Senko
decent

Post by Senko »

Lost to the Void wrote:
nomadjames wrote:

What'd you get?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Senko wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:
nomadjames wrote:

What'd you get?
Elac BS-U5's. Very impressed with the mid range detail, made me realise I need to step up my production game a bit.
New Shit

Senko
decent

Post by Senko »

Interesting price point. Are these passive? Never heard of the company before but i’m doing some research.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Digitone incoming in 5 days. Got a really nice deal offer through my mate so I couldn't resist. If it's shit, I can sell it for a good price and get me some fishscale coke for DESERTFEST Festival with Nebula, Monster Magnet, Eyehategod, Church of Misery etc... Yaay....

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Senko wrote:Interesting price point. Are these passive? Never heard of the company before but i’m doing some research.
Passive yes, Designed by Andrew Jones, who previously worked for Kef, TAD labs and more (if you don`t know about infamous speaker designer Andrew Jones, look him up, utter genius).
Can`t see myself ever buying active nearfields again....

Yeah these are awesome, took a little while to get used to the extra mid range clarity, they are very very detailed, the dual contentric speakers give frighteningly sharp imaging. I already had to go back to some mixes done on my previous monitors and clean up the mids as new stuff was revealed.

But yeah, uber happy with them. Went up to the company that supplied my mastering monitors (booked an afternoon of listening in their listening room) and basically said I want 3 way standmount/bookshelves for nearfield use. And then I just trialled a bunch of stuff. It was between these, Castle Avon 2`s and Kef R300 (although if my budget was unlimited, I would have got Kef Reference 1`s).
Ended up going for these as they are a little more gentle on the top end than the other two and I have very sensitive ears, so top end can`t be too sharp for me.

There was nothing in pro audio land that could compete unless I spent well over twice the amount of money. Neumann KH310 and Avantone Mix Towers were around the same ballpark in fidelity terms. Though obviously more expensive.

I am running a grands worth of amp, but you don`t need to, I just took one of the aux amps from the mastering room. You don`t need to be spending that amount of money for decent amplification and still blow the arse out of the kind of quality in most mid budget nearfields.
New Shit

Huck Farper
Alf Garnett

Post by Huck Farper »

Digitone is crashing on people 5 or 6 times the first time they use it from the stuff I've seen online... good ol Elektron.. fk them

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Digiyawn.
New Shit

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

So fishscale coke won over Digibone

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Jesus, you monster.
New Shit

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

Mono-xID wrote:So fishscale coke won over Digibone
I love your attitude.

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

I'm getting old. No time for half-assed gear.

Macca
durchfall

Post by Macca »

Mono-xID wrote:I'm getting old. No time for half-assed gear.
Why didn't you like it?
Instagram: @stevenmcfarlanedesign