dubdub - lofi dub

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
dubdub
Asphyxiwank
dubdub - lofi dub

Post by dubdub »

Too lo-fi? :lol: Obviously the bass is kinda muddy and the kick doesn't really come through but I was going for that kind of lo-fi rumbly vibe.

Leskey
non reader
Re: dubdub - lofi dub

Post by Leskey »

I really like the stabs man! Good friggin work on those things. Interesting enough to do some project without the kick at all. Just some droning low-end with those things... I'm not feeling the relation between the kick+bass plus the rest I guess is what I'm trying to say. Im not feeling the groove.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I think the noise/ low fi-ness around the hats are a step too far. It sounds a whole lot better when they are out.

Overall the hiss is just too much. I don't think you've quite nailed the whole 'found on a cassette buried beneath moritz van oswald's childhood home'.

I mean it's a nice track for sure, but dial back the hiss.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Cheers guys.
jordanneke wrote: I don't think you've quite nailed the whole 'found on a cassette buried beneath moritz van oswald's childhood home'.
Damnit, and I thought I was so close :lol:

The hiss thing seem to very taste dependent, some of my favorite dub (techno) tracks have hiss much louder than in this track. I think the level in the track is fine but it could be probably be improved in terms of texture and dynamics.

sfas
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by sfas »

Nice vibe man agree with the hiss, try halving the volume and adding modulation, I think it should be there but almost imperceivable.

psicomagia
Alf Garnett

Post by psicomagia »

The hiss bothered me a little to be honest, would you mind post the tracks you mentioned that have a louder hiss? I got curious. I really dig the rumbly/muddy low end lo-fi aesthetic + the hats, but somehow the stabs delays bothered me a bit, i feel that they could be a little less resonant, maybe? I don't know, but i missed a bit clarity on them. Just my opinions as this clearly seems to be the aesthetic you were looking for. Nice track! :) Cheers

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I think this one is a good example, one of my favorite dub techno tracks of all time.

youtu.be/5NjVPmFroEY

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

i think the hats are a little too much lofi for my taste
background hiss could be a little bit lesser aswell
it got great stabs but i like your kanzleramt tracks more

jim_kezzle
Onions

Post by jim_kezzle »

I like the arrangement and looseness of the track, but the kick and bass as you've said needs a fair bit of work
really quiet upload also

EKT
BAD

Post by EKT »

I think this could have parts with a more sustained bassline.