Voidloss - Confusion the insect mind - Experiment

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY
Re: Voidloss - Confusion the insect mind - Experiment

Post by [wesellboxes] »

This is stunning, obviously everything sits well in the mix but the rolling syncopation really delivers in all situations. I can sit at home listening to this on headphones while sorting out some emails yet if I heard this burst in a club at 2am, I’d probably melt. Great work.

Dattington
Alf Garnett
Re: Voidloss - Confusion the insect mind - Experiment

Post by Dattington »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Dattington wrote:Seriously pumping.
Really loving the low end in this track. Could you give a quick run down of what's going on there. Is it kick/verb/sub or something? It's so controlled.
It`s actually pretty much a bog standard reverb sub rumble I threw in just to get something going quick.
There is a little twist which is kinda interesting.

But yeah it`s just an ableton reverb (on the kick buss) on a send/return, compression is in there sidechained back to the kick so it pumps, and all the high`s are EQ`d out.
To add some movement I threw in a frequency shifter and then sent a M4L Lfo set on random shape to the the fine tune of the frequency on the shifter, so the reverb changes tone constantly.
Just seen this - thanks for the detail. I think i've been over thinking the low end stuff on my tunes based on this comment. I've been putting a sidechained sine (saturated with lfo tool) as well as a low passed reverb send on the kick. Have struggled to balance both so will experiment without a sine underneath. Cheers.
Previews and clips are in the playlist below: