Jordanneke - Ill Cosby

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Jordanneke - Ill Cosby

Post by jordanneke »

Shit title I know.

A more techno related piece, finally! (Although I do have some house in store).

This is pretty dam minimal, but I hope it works.

All comments taken.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Jordanneke - Ill Cosby

Post by dubdub »

With that much space you could easily crank the delay and reverb further. Especially with the clap, I was waiting for the clap to get reverb-cranked every 4 bars or so. Bassline could be a bit more meaty. The track could use a string or a big pad towards the end.

Btw it still sounds like house to me :)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Thanks for the comments.

I followed your suggestions. In fact the clap did change its reverb every 4 bars, but only occasionally. I extended that. I've changed the title track.

The only thing I didn't do was add another element.

Thanks again.

BTW, is it really house? IDK anymore. ffs.

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

dubdub wrote:With that much space you could easily crank the delay and reverb further. Especially with the clap, I was waiting for the clap to get reverb-cranked every 4 bars or so. Bassline could be a bit more meaty. The track could use a string or a big pad towards the end.

Btw it still sounds like house to me :)
yeap, it sounds like house to me too ))
and there is a lot of ''unused'' space in the mix. Well ok you don t have to be like me going berserk on delays(!) but some effects would be nice I think.
solid mono lows though. very nice work really. again some hardware magic here?
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

great work jordan
i know you wont add elements but i agree with dubdub this track really ask for a string
this is house ofcourse

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Thanks all.

I'm actually in the process of adding a string.

Shocking, I know!

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Ok you cunts.

For the first time ever, I've actually followed all your advice. String also added in the second half.

The mix maybe a bit off though. Hope it sounds better. I changed the header, but here it is.

PS - Is it really house? What makes house? Chords?

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

jordanneke wrote:Ok you cunts.

For the first time ever, I've actually followed all your advice. String also added in the second half.

The mix maybe a bit off though. Hope it sounds better. I changed the header, but here it is.

Ayyyy a big improvement from the first draft you posted. Good work, I like this :D Personal taste, I would add just a bit more percussion here and there, nonetheless the minimal feel of the track works already.

Cloaked
hunger marcher

Post by Cloaked »

Definitely house to me too, albeit "minimal deep house" thanks to the reverb kick and massively minimal sound pallette.

It is much, much more minimal than your other stuff. this is hard to explain but I kind of think with this sort of stuff it can sound quite rudimentary and amateurish unless you know it was intentional, because all the sounds are so "small". but because I know your other tracks I'm sure it was a stylistic choice.

Also the vibe overall reminds me of the Driftwood label stuff which sells for ridiculous amounts on Discogs, which is a good thing.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

jordanneke wrote:Ok you cunts.

Very nice vibe. I like the subtle sub groove as well. I think you could add another bit of percussion at some point to add to the groove. Theres a lot of space in the track to play with, so dont be afraid to add layers to the overall groove.

And this track is definitely floating in the deep house area. The deep melodic chords, the groove with the clap on the 2 and 4, the tempo etc.. very housey.

Now i dont know what you listen to generally but im guessing a lot of house.. But i would say have a binge of listening to straight techno and then youll be able to hear the difference :lol:
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

HowieRis
quasi-public

Post by HowieRis »

Really nice mellow low tempo track. Nice lazy pull on the 16th hats!

One suggestion - it sounds a bit like I'm listening to the low end from the opposite side of an empty basketball court. The sense of space is nice but maybe slightly LP the reverb on the kick and bass and shave off the wet a touch... It would tighten things up and allow some more space for a subtle low-mid percussive element.

Great vibe in this one 8-).

Will Frances
Gnasher

Post by Will Frances »

Great groove, very atmospheric. Liking this one for sure. Great use of a few well chosen elements. Well done...

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

You surprise me! Definitely house in my opinion. The groove, the tempo, the chords... Different to your other stuff, this one is definitely not my favourite, but still, great work! Could do with a bit of a rim shot or something else clickedy-clacky out of the percussion family... Get that shit out there you cunt!

rabbit
Unfriended

Post by rabbit »

This is groovy and (kind of) minimalistic.
Listening on my Sennheiser HD25 and it sounds a bit to heavy in the lows. Aswell as a bit weak in the highs when the kick is playing. But maybe this is somehow correlating to the boomy lows.

But - cool thing, i like it a lot! Would it be "better" mixed, it´d be a new track for my car usb sticky icky :-)
over.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Sounds lovely, dude. Great sense of space, chords are warm and lush in a Detroit-y way (in the best sense of the term), and the kick/bass combo is really nice. I would definitely buy/spin this.

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

yeah!!! groovy baby :). definitely gonna listen to it tomorrow while tripping ballzzz :)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

IT`s lovely.

The bass is a smidge too loud, maybe bring it down by a quarter to half a db.
I wouldn`t add anything else, soundwise, it does the job.
Top end could be just a little more airy, like 12k+

Got a bit of a Terry Lee Brown jr vibe here, and I love his stuff.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Thanks all.

I have to admit, I spent A LONG TIME trying to force another element in there, and it just didn't work.

I'm happy to hear that Steve, G and others liked the original idea. Kind of validates my original plan.

I've tweaked the mix, if you want to listen, here it is