Ju-Ju (free jazz sampling house track)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Barfunkel
Smalahove
Ju-Ju (free jazz sampling house track)

Post by Barfunkel »

Blatantly sampled some sax from one of my favorite free jazz records and made a house track out of that.

Reaper and pretty much all free plugins, as usual.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

tsaro
Lifer
Re: Ju-Ju (free jazz sampling house track)

Post by tsaro »

Nice housey vibes in here, that sax is getting on my nerves a bit after a while though...
It also sounds a bit one dimensional, maybe a short reverb would help there. That high pitched pad seems a little loud in the intro, since it's a bit of a piercing sound. The percussion could maybe do with a notch and some saturation, sounds too clean to me.

Otherwise it's a cool track, not bad for using only free stuff. Though nowadays it shouldn't make that much of a difference, or did you mention it to lower expectations :lol:
how far do you want to go

Pale-Fox
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Pale-Fox »

I like everything but the jazz sample i find it's a real difficult ting too sample jazz sax and loop it not an easy thing to do..... but it also sounds like your on to something so keep them trax coming

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Really nice groove, man, reaaaaally nice! Not a big fan of saxophones in general, but I think you have that one figured out. Find it a great idea and got some personal touch to it. Like Mr. voodoo said, it sounds a bit too panned in the beginning, even though you compensate it the further the track marches on, so in the end it's okay to me. Cannot complain about anything else, listened on headphones, low end is great and nothing else is disturbing me. From a non-professional background I would say that mor'fucka is ready to be released, maybe a few more tweaks here and there where my ears haven't been trained for yet, but you defo got the 90%! Cheers