New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
tomhades
Interact. Don't Spam.
Re: New members say hello...

Post by tomhades »

So ... i finally found out this forum ... how about that ! :)
i guess i'm either getting too old and not quick enough to find things like this either just too lazy & old school i've never went to something like these kind of things on the internet ...
But hey, i've been reading some articles in here and i must say that it has to be the closest if not the best forum regarding pure techno production work !
And to follow the guidelines of the forum, let me introduce myself:
I'm Tom Hades, living in Belgium all my life and been in this industry for more then 2 decades ... I've been playing a bit all over the world and i'm so gratefull for this that i could turn my passion into something i've always loved to do : producing music, releasing it and playing it out loud !
Over all these years a lot of things changed and so did i with my musical taste. But, as with everything in life, the roots of where you come from you can never push away... So after buying a lot of hardware in the past, selling it again, buying it again, selling it again i'm back to where i came from : getting my machines up & running and jam all over the place ! :)
But the industry standards have changed quite a lot and, as said before, i need to keep up with all you guys in here who are probably closer to a younger generation than me ... So that is why i was looking for some new "methods" of working as well on which direction i want to go musical & style wise ...

I hope i can find the things i'm looking for (not even sure what i'm looking for at the moment but i will get there) and hope to meet a lot of interesting & passionate producers !

Enjoy your day !!! :)

Tom

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

tomhades wrote:So ... i finally found out this forum ... how about that ! :)
i guess i'm either getting too old and not quick enough to find things like this either just too lazy & old school i've never went to something like these kind of things on the internet ...
But hey, i've been reading some articles in here and i must say that it has to be the closest if not the best forum regarding pure techno production work !
I'm Tom Hades, living in Belgium all my life and been in this industry for more then 2 decades ... I've been playing a bit all over the world and i'm so gratefull for this that i could turn my passion into something i've always loved to do : producing music, releasing it and playing it out loud !
Over all these years a lot of things changed and so did i with my musical taste. But, as with everything in life, the roots of where you come from you can never push away... So after buying a lot of hardware in the past, selling it again, buying it again, selling it again i'm back to where i came from : getting my machines up & running and jam all over the place ! :)
But the industry standards have changed quite a lot and, as said before, i need to keep up with all you guys in here who are probably closer to a younger generation than me ... So that is why i was looking for some new "methods" of working as well on which direction i want to go musical & style wise ...

I hope i can find the things i'm looking for (not even sure what i'm looking for at the moment but i will get there) and hope to meet a lot of interesting & passionate producers !

Tom
Well hello there mate, welcome!
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

Nice to see some celebrities joining in lately!
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Tom
well, believe it or not, but over the years,
it's happened quite a few times that people couldn't believe I wasn't Tom Hades,
even though my music is not at all at your level.

Obviously, it doesn't exactly help that I've been using the name Hades on the internet for years (but there are many using that name afaik), and that my real name is also Tom,
and like you, I live in Belgium as well (from what I heard only 2 towns away from where I live).

Guess I finally won't have to explain that one any more... :lol:

wees welkom op subsekt !

a lot of valuable info to be found here.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Could da real Tom Hades please stand up, please stand up, please stand up! :)

tomhades
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by tomhades »

Mattias wrote:

Tom
Well hello there mate, welcome!
Thanks !

tomhades
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by tomhades »

intrusav wrote:Could da real Tom Hades please stand up, please stand up, please stand up! :)
Haha !!! :)

tomhades
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by tomhades »

Hades wrote:

Tom
well, believe it or not, but over the years,
it's happened quite a few times that people couldn't believe I wasn't Tom Hades,
even though my music is not at all at your level.

Obviously, it doesn't exactly help that I've been using the name Hades on the internet for years (but there are many using that name afaik), and that my real name is also Tom,
and like you, I live in Belgium as well (from what I heard only 2 towns away from where I live).

Guess I finally won't have to explain that one any more... :lol:

wees welkom op subsekt !

a lot of valuable info to be found here.
Thanks makker !
And indeed, that must be the best coincidence possible ! :)

I really hope i can find some new things for me to test & experiment ! :)
And maybe, who knows, we will meet in real life someday !

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Well when I first joined , I used to think hades was tom hades as well, nice to see this is finally getting sorted out, welcome mate

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

tomhades wrote: Thanks makker !

that's totally up to you man. :)
Ik ben absoluut niet het type om mezelf op te dringen aan mensen,
en eerlijk gezegd, ik ben vrij immuun voor de social status/beroemdheid van mensen.
Voor mij is iedereen gewoon wie hij is, en materieel of financiëel succes is zo triviaal... :)
(waarmee ik zeker en vast niet wil zeggen dat ik geen respect heb voor wat jij verwezenlijkt hebt doorheen de jaren, ook al is het niet direct mijn genre)

If I remember correctly (memory infected by lots of memory deteriorating substances), I actually think I already met you by coincidence, about 18 years ago.
I was just an ignorant 20 year old at the time, who had only spent about 3 years experimenting with synths.
But let me get to that in PM if you ever feel like it.

btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but you live in E., and I live in L.
only 2 stops further down the train tracks... ;)

I have no idea about your history,
but I'm totally import in this region, though I very much enjoyed living here for the last 11 years of my life.
I've been told Marco Bailey used to go to the same gym I've been going to for years.
(not that this matters in any way)

anyway, enjoy subsekt
(and please stand up to please mr intrusav ! ) ;) :D

tomhades
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by tomhades »

Hades wrote:
tomhades wrote: Thanks makker !

that's totally up to you man. :)
Ik ben absoluut niet het type om mezelf op te dringen aan mensen,
en eerlijk gezegd, ik ben vrij immuun voor de social status/beroemdheid van mensen.
Voor mij is iedereen gewoon wie hij is, en materieel of financiëel succes is zo triviaal... :)
(waarmee ik zeker en vast niet wil zeggen dat ik geen respect heb voor wat jij verwezenlijkt hebt doorheen de jaren, ook al is het niet direct mijn genre)

If I remember correctly (memory infected by lots of memory deteriorating substances), I actually think I already met you by coincidence, about 18 years ago.
I was just an ignorant 20 year old at the time, who had only spent about 3 years experimenting with synths.
But let me get to that in PM if you ever feel like it.

btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but you live in E., and I live in L.
only 2 stops further down the train tracks... ;)

I have no idea about your history,
but I'm totally import in this region, though I very much enjoyed living here for the last 11 years of my life.
I've been told Marco Bailey used to go to the same gym I've been going to for years.
(not that this matters in any way)

anyway, enjoy subsekt
(and please stand up to please mr intrusav ! ) ;) :D
Well, it is true where you live and i live then and it is indeed not that far! ;)
So always welcome to do some studio jamming! ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

tomhades wrote: Well, it is true where you live and i live then and it is indeed not that far! ;)
So always welcome to do some studio jamming! ;)
hey, you'd better be serious because I'll take you up on the offer. :D
Always welcome here as well.
I haven't been in your studio,
but I suspect it must be a pretty sweet place after all these years you've been into making electronic music.

In all honesty, and with stressing the fact that it's never about the gear but about putting in the hours,
I can say my studio is pretty sweet as well.
If anything, I'm pretty sure you might have some gear I'd love to test and vice versa.
And I always say "pintjes en synthjes", it's a match made in heaven, really. 8-)

Since you'll probably won't be able to send a PM till you reached a minimum of something like 15 to 20 posts,
I'll send you a PM via SC. ;)

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

You two are so sweet :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Prophän wrote:You two are so sweet :lol:
just for you, honey bunny,
mon amour, je t'aime...
ohhhh :mrgreen:

youtu.be/GlpDf6XX_j0

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Finally the real Tom Hades arrived !!! Welcome sir, and enjoy the strange world of subsekt weirdos...
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

tomhades
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by tomhades »

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome in here ! :)
It looks like i know where i will be spending quite some time ! :)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome Tom. Nice to see you registering.

Of course, I knew that you & our Hades were different people... but one time I accidently wished you good luck playing in some foreign country.. thinking you were the other one. K

I'm looking forward to the future confusions :mrgreen:
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Focus Puller
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Focus Puller »

Hey folks,

Good to meet like-minded people!
I'm Mike, I'm 41, live in the south of England, and have been pretty much obsessed with music since I bought my first record in 1982.
I record and release under Focus Puller, and am fortunate to have Dj'd at Fabric a few times.

Right now I'm putting out monthly mixes (The Staple Diet Sessions) for the sheer enjoyment of putting together a decent set and sharing it. These can be found on Mixcloud, Soundcloud and RA if anyone is so inclined :)

Techno heroes for me would include Juan Atkins, Moritz Von Oswald, Jeff Mills and ITCHY Whoretits?, but currently I'm digging Mike Dehnert, Tommy Four Seven, Architectural, and Silent Servant and labels such as Fachwerk, Delsin, Raster-Notion, Sandwell District and Ellum.

Looking forward to chewing the fat with you all.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Focus Puller wrote:Hey folks,

I'm Mike, I'm 41, live in the south of England, and have been pretty much obsessed with music since I bought my first record in 1982.
I record and release under Focus Puller, and am fortunate to have Dj'd at Fabric a few times.

Right now I'm putting out monthly mixes (The Staple Diet Sessions) for the sheer enjoyment of putting together a decent set and sharing it. These can be found on Mixcloud, Soundcloud and RA if anyone is so inclined :)

Techno heroes for me would include Juan Atkins, Moritz Von Oswald, Jeff Mills and . ., but currently I'm digging Mike Dehnert, Tommy Four Seven, Architectural, and Silent Servant and labels such as Fachwerk, Delsin, Raster-Notion, Sandwell District and Ellum.

Welcome to the forum, Mike. Sounds like you have a nice taste in music.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Focus Puller
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Focus Puller »

Mslwte wrote:
Focus Puller wrote:Hey folks,

Techno heroes for me would include Juan Atkins, Moritz Von Oswald, Jeff Mills and . ., but currently I'm digging Mike Dehnert, Tommy Four Seven, Architectural, and Silent Servant and labels such as Fachwerk, Delsin, Raster-Notion, Sandwell District and Ellum.

Welcome to the forum, Mike. Sounds like you have a nice taste in music.
Thanks, good to be here :-)