Things I hate

General Chat // Music Discussion
vldslv
Interact. Don't Spam.
Re: Things I hate

Post by vldslv »

jordanneke wrote:No.3 Fucking hangovers increasing exponentially with age. FUCK.
..same..starting to be scared to drink (thinking of how will I feel tomorrow)..but the fear usually passes away with 4-5 shot...

Kromasome
arsehole

Post by Kromasome »

jordanneke wrote:I also hate when people who are shit at producing (I include myself in that category btw), have a fucking logo,

A FUCKING LOGO.

When their tunes are still shit.
This. (and just to make sure I don't get lumped into this category of 'shit music, but have a logo' and just in the 'shit music' category, my avatar is just a quick and lazy grab from the net because the subsekt forum was picking on me for not having an avatar).

Also hate the small town DJ's (who don't even produce) that have logos - that's also pretty shit in my opinion. Although it does look great on the 10 posters that get put up around town when promoting their event.

I also hate that I pick the shit out of people for at least having a go at things.

winston
unsure

Post by winston »

Kromasome wrote:
jordanneke wrote:I also hate when people who are shit at producing (I include myself in that category btw), have a fucking logo,

A FUCKING LOGO.

When their tunes are still shit.
This. (and just to make sure I don't get lumped into this category of 'shit music, but have a logo' and just in the 'shit music' category, my avatar is just a quick and lazy grab from the net because the subsekt forum was picking on me for not having an avatar).

Also hate the small town DJ's (who don't even produce) that have logos - that's also pretty shit in my opinion. Although it does look great on the 10 posters that get put up around town when promoting their event.

I also hate that I pick the shit out of people for at least having a go at things.
i can see what you're saying, but there's nothing really wrong with it. a logo is something that be be done when it's not possible to do anything music related, and like artist bio's they are pretty cringey, it is easy to see that the "everyone has one, so i need one too" mentality is easily applied.

it's a personal brand, which in itself is a terrible concept, but given we all have usernames which (mostly) aren't our real names, there are many situations where we are presenting ourself as a brand. like you say, they are giving it a go and have a goal which they can work towards and the logo might only be 0.01% of the goal, but it is an easy box to tick off.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I hate how the whole fucking planet seems to know "Tintin" and that shitty woof of his.
Hergé is extremely overrated. There's even a Tintin album where in the whole album, you can almost never see hands, just because he wasn't able to draw hands properly at the time.

Internationally speaking, everybody seems to know Hergé,
but few know Franquin, who was many many times more talented than Hergé.
(which Hergé actually admitted multiple times)

Franquin is the master of the Belgian comics (strips).
We've never seen anyone better here in Belgium than him.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

vldslv
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by vldslv »

I hate smashing pumpkins... And folding t shirts ....

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

vldslv wrote: And folding t shirts ....
Wash them gentle cycle, lots of fabric softener, easy spin and leave them on the hangar. Job solved.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Cats shitting in my garden.

And fucking selfish dog owners who don't fucking clean up their dogs' shit. Absolute cunts.

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

I hate the "shoot first, don't ask"-mentality.

You know, when somebody assumes you meant X and keeps arguing from that pov, leaving no room to talk about Y anymore.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

rktic wrote:I hate the "shoot first, don't ask"-mentality.

You know, when somebody assumes you meant X and keeps arguing from that pov, leaving no room to talk about Y anymore.
Example?

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

jordanneke wrote:
rktic wrote:I hate the "shoot first, don't ask"-mentality.

Example?
Eg when people quote phrases against you while missing the entire context or intention. How about asking something in between before going OT?

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

rktic wrote: Eg when people quote phrases against you while missing the entire context or intention. How about asking something in between before going OT?
Most of the times, people don't care about context or even humorous intents like sarcasm or irony any more,
they prefer to focus on people's words and take them literally, and then make all kinds of extrapolations from them.
They prefer to put all kinds of meaning into someone else's words even though that person never put any of that meaning in his/her words at all.
And in the end, they'll make that person feel as if he/she is a fucking asshole, because they'll start blaming him/her for all kinds of shit or calling him/her names before they'll even ask what it was this person actually meant.

Don't ask for explanation or extra info, or hell, just context in general,
just categorize and label people.
It's the exact opposite of what Jordan just did with you rktic :
he asked for an example so he could understand your words better.

More of that please ! ;)

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

Hades wrote:
rktic wrote: Eg when people quote phrases against you while missing the entire context or intention. How about asking something in between before going OT?
Most of the times, people don't care about context or even humorous intents like sarcasm or irony any more,
they prefer to focus on people's words and take them literally, and then make all kinds of extrapolations from them.
They prefer to put all kinds of meaning into someone else's words even though that person never put any of that meaning in his/her words at all.
And in the end, they'll make that person feel as if he/she is a fucking asshole, because they'll start blaming him/her for all kinds of shit or calling him/her names before they'll even ask what it was this person actually meant.

Don't ask for explanation or extra info, or hell, just context in general,
just categorize and label people.
It's the exact opposite of what Jordan just did with you rktic :
he asked for an example so he could understand your words better.

More of that please ! ;)
Bingo!

vldslv
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by vldslv »

jordanneke wrote:
Wash them gentle cycle, lots of fabric softener, easy spin and leave them on the hangar. Job solved.
Yes but i also hate to put them on the fucking hanger... makes me mad... But I have found this amazing girl she does it because she knows i hate it. Job solved...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

vldslv wrote:
jordanneke wrote:
Yes but i also hate to put them on the fucking hanger... makes me mad... But I have found this amazing girl she does it because she knows i hate it. Job solved...
my mrs even developed some sort of washing method where she never has to iron anything any more.
She hates ironing, I sure as fuck hate it, hell, does anyone even like doing that shit ?
But yeah, it makes all of our lives so much easier.

ps : nobody told you about free female slave labor before ?
It sounds almost unbelievable ! ;)
All you gotta do is eat some bouillabaisse once in a while,
and tell them their hair looks nice and how, no way, that skirt doesn't make their ass look fat at all !
It's even easier than stamping on little kittens ! (testing your age with this one) :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

what does a 75 year old woman have between her tits that a 25 year old doesn't have (hopefully) ??

a belly button !! ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

on the other hand, what do cats have in common with men ?

they both run away instantly as soon as they hear a vacuum cleaner being turned on... ;)

winston
unsure

Post by winston »

Hades wrote:I hate how the whole fucking planet seems to know "Tintin" and that shitty woof of his.
Hergé is extremely overrated. There's even a Tintin album where in the whole album, you can almost never see hands, just because he wasn't able to draw hands properly at the time.

yeah, tin tin/herge is like daft punk, but franquin is like laurent garnier

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

winston wrote:
Hades wrote:I hate how the whole fucking planet seems to know "Tintin" and that shitty woof of his.

yeah, tin tin/herge is like daft punk, but franquin is like laurent garnier
exactly !!!
8-)

vldslv
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by vldslv »

Hades wrote:
my mrs even developed some sort of washing method where she never has to iron anything any more.
She hates ironing, I sure as fuck hate it, hell, does anyone even like doing that shit ?
But yeah, it makes all of our lives so much easier.

ps : nobody told you about free female slave labor before ?
It sounds almost unbelievable ! ;)
All you gotta do is eat some bouillabaisse once in a while,
and tell them their hair looks nice and how, no way, that skirt doesn't make their ass look fat at all !
It's even easier than stamping on little kittens ! (testing your age with this one) :D

From where i come from, free female slave labor is a matyer of course;)...
Yeah used to play carmageddon when it was released on ps...

None of my gf used to iron... and i dont know anyone who enjoys it....maybe its a kind of people who call to radio just to tell what are they currently doing..and to make song request.
Seriously, why would you do that in 2017? :O

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

vldslv wrote:
jordanneke wrote:
Yes but i also hate to put them on the fucking hanger... makes me mad...
Fuck me. That's about the laziest shit I ever heard. In my 38 years on this planet, putting my own clean shirts on a clothes hanger so they look nice when I want to wear them scores significantly lower on the hate scale compared to changing the duvet cover or getting out of the shower to get a new shampoo.

It's a mild inconvenience at best.