subsekt
Re: Hip Hop - What the fuck happened PT 2

Post by jordanneke »

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Jesus.

They should all be locked in a room with this lot and we'll see who's still standing at the end.

youtu.be/AXFQsnbN0NQ

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

At least that girl and afghan dan seem like actual nice people.

That lil pump dude is beyond words. He's 16, won't make 17.

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Yep. I've got quite a soft spot for them in some ways. Terrible music, but they had absolutely nothing - no money, no opportunity, no equipment - and made a scene anyway. Whether we rate it or not isn't really the point.

Same with that donk music documentary that did the rounds a bit ago. Scallies from Burnley or somewhere making appalling music at a youth club with some shit old equipment they had, but they created a scene, and a sound, out of nothing. Fair play for that imo.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

It`s not all bad,
I Am Many out in New York is pretty real.

youtu.be/IKEWDIbsIT8

youtu.be/1qNaezYeKXQ
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote: That lil pump dude is beyond words. He's 16, won't make 17.
unfortunately, he probably will

is he old enough to use that word though, or wait it's more complicated than just age.... aaiiiit ??? ;)

you know what the most depressing shit is about this seriously depressing shit ?
that our kids, Jordan, are growing up and even if we try our ultra-hardest to try and make them stay away from shit like that,
they will always have that friend with not so musically cultivated parents, (which means most parents for pretty much most of the time)
who won't give a flying fuck what their kids listen to,
and then they'll get to know that shit through them and come home and look that shit up on their tablet,
and put it on, and say how cool they think that horrible shit really is...

Just a few days ago, my oldest was constantly putting on some stupid EDM track called "rotten to the core" or something.
Learned it from some horrible movie, which was "movie for kids dad, not for you".
I honestly prefer 2 hours of K3 or even Plop fucking Nanadu in the ass (that batty boy !!)
(thank god my kids are too old for that shit now though) than hearing stupid fucking EDM in my fucking house.
But what can you do ?
They're getting EDM shit pumped into their little brains from fucking everywhere. :|

Maybe I should train myself to start crying on purpose, so I can just start crying whenever they put on that EDM shit,
so I give them a massive guilt trauma or something...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yesterday, I picked up my kids from school,
and my youngest is now in the 1st year of elementary school...

I ask her how school was,
and she starts telling me all excited, with her tiny sweet voice, about how she learned about Jesus,
and how her teacher told her that on some day,
there were a lot of kids wanting to come to him,
and his crew/possy told them :
"fuck off, you little lice infected punks, the J-man is busy now multiplying fish and turning our water into some proper booze"
but then the big man himself heard this and said :
"yo, let those kids come to me man, aaaittt ???? I fucking love them little fuckers"

so, at that point in her story, I so much had to restrain myself not to say
"hey, so that means the J-man is a kiddy-lover, huh ??"
But I couldn't bring myself to break her heart and all those promises by just letting my sick sense of humor take over...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible parent... ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

no doubt not really hip hop, but I always loved this track ever since Ronny (rktic) ever mentioned it here somewhere a few years ago :

youtu.be/ZOP2NUbG2iY

and of course, thx to mr Mono here, I got to know this lovely hip hop group as well...

youtu.be/FWUO94g011Q

youtu.be/-9uIxt780K0

whenever I listen to CunninLynguists, it always takes me back to the days when me and my best friend would drive around in the weekends,
smoking too many joints trying to escape our parents and our old home town till it was time to get back to univ city again for another 5 days...

Forget about that totally stupid bling bling.
It's no use, it fucked up 90% of the hip hop years ago,
and it doesn't look like it's gonna leave any time soon. :|

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Here's something you might enjoy
youtu.be/3oaliSgutfU
(emphasis on might though)
how far do you want to go

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Well, I won't fall into the TRAP (nice wordplay, eh?) of judging and shaming everything the younger generation does. I'm trying to think about why and under which circumstances hip hop turned into the current direction. I don't wanna be that old grumpy guy who is musically disconnected to the stuff which kids these days listen to.

Most of the modern hip hop stuff isn't my cup of tea either and for a long time I thought it's all shit. I thought young kids ruined hip hop. And they don't show any respect to the originators.

But that's just the way it is, they're young grimey kids which give absolutely zero fucks.

I mean, I was the same when I was in their age. I thought all the music in my dad's record collection is shit and has to die. It's about time for sum nu shit,dad. I believe that when you grow older and you really LOVE MUSIC, you'll see the whole picture. And you'll give respect to other types of music even if you don't listen to it.

But this takes time, you can't expect that from 17 years old kids.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

How about some serious music from a 17 year old (back then):

youtu.be/547DlGNUnMA

I love that guy!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mono-xID wrote:Well, I won't fall into the TRAP (nice wordplay, eh?) of judging and shaming everything the younger generation does. I'm trying to think about why and under which circumstances hip hop turned into the current direction. I don't wanna be that old grumpy guy who is musically disconnected to the stuff which kids these days listen to.
I totally agree with you on that, but for me, with the example I gave above,
EDM... I simply can't stand it, it's above the limits of my tolerance somehow. :oops: :lol:

But there is a big difference between disliking totally shit stuff and disliking everything new.
When there was totally shit stuff being made in the days when we were younger, I would have called it totally shit as well.
Mono-xID wrote: I mean, I was the same when I was in their age. I thought all the music in my dad's record collection is shit and has to die. It's about time for sum nu shit,dad. I believe that when you grow older and you really LOVE MUSIC, you'll see the whole picture. And you'll give respect to other types of music even if you don't listen to it.

But this takes time, you can't expect that from 17 years old kids.
actually, in the first few years when I was still actively DJ'ing, I used to be a resident DJ in a local bar, (I was 15 to 17 years old back then)
and back then things weren't always so narrow-minded genre-wise, so you could play a lot of different styles and hear no complaints.
My parents never had the biggest music collection (apart from their classical stuff), but they had just bought like 40 CD's full of tracks from the 50's till the end of the 80's a little while before, and I used to play tons of tracks from the 70's and 60's in my sets.

And not all young guys don't respect old music either. When I was on holiday, the guy who ran the bar at the pool had an excellent choice of music,
and he somehow always managed to stay in the same mood, but played tracks where I was literally asking myself :
damn, that totally sounds like it's 70's funk, but it was probably made today, and I could only tell when I listened closely to hear tiny details in the production which were simply not possible in the 70's.
Admittedly, the guy was already 20, but still...

not all is lost, as long as my girls don't get hooked on cheap EDM ffs... :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

rktic wrote:How about some serious music from a 17 year old (back then):

youtu.be/547DlGNUnMA

I love that guy!
haha, perfect antidote for that lil loser shit ! :D
totally love it !

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

I also urge you guys to check out this free album by Comfort Fit from 2005:

http://www.tokyodawn.net/comfort-fit-fo ... member-lp/

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Because money
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mattias wrote:Because money
what is that strange thing I hear mentioning far too often, that thing most others seem to have over here,
and I seem to have too much of compared to most others pretty much everywhere else on this planet.

it reminds me of people talking about their "career", I always start laughing when I hear people using that word... :)

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

Oh, let me throw in another dope track from London

youtu.be/JUHfEE_OGLw