New Live Set!

List links to Live sets and Mixes
juxtpose
BAD
New Live Set!

Post by juxtpose »

Made a new live set, this one came together quickly and is always the most fun/best sounding on first play through

Most of the fiddling is done on the Rytm, treating it as a synth as well as the main drums, kick hats etc. Made some short loops with the Mother 32 and Microbrute and used the APC40 for volume eq and fx. New addition this time was having a synth plugin running midi for pads, this works well as chopping pads into small samples usually sounds bad at the looping point. Also after a comment on a previous set about reverb I ran everything through ableton and used the reverb on the FX send for everything including the Rytm. Running the kick separately out of the Rytm also allows me to sidechain each channel however much I like. Enjoy!

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears
Re: New Live Set!

Post by over9000 »

you got some nice set there for sure!
i like the progressions. really nice atmospheres too, without getting it too ambienty.
cant really comment on the audio quali as iam on the laptop here, but would love to hear it on a good system

juxtpose
BAD
Re: New Live Set!

Post by juxtpose »

Hey cheers!
Yeah hopefully should go alright on a proper system, the rytm kick usually works well. Its a bit squashed and dirty but I kinda like that as opposed to the more clean form of production. Saying that theres always room for improvement. I ran a tape emulation plugin just before the limiter on the master for this one, still not sure whether its better or not