b11.11

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
sam
Cold
b11.11

Post by sam »

hello, im kind of reluctant to post any tracks because of how amateur they are but i'd be very interested in opinions on wether it's headed in the right direction or if it has any potential.

i've been making it over the last couple of days and it's radically different now from how it started. the more i mess with it the more i can hear the direction it wants to go in, but also the less objective i get about it and the more it starts to sound like random noise.

anyway, any feedback would be very welcome but go easy please :)

JamieinNC
Unartful
Re: b11.11

Post by JamieinNC »

Great Sam!

Sounds good to me! There is certainly enough material there to keep interest, so I don't think anything else needs to be added to the mix. Great little riff in that crazy synth you have there. It's dissonant and frantic, but not overbearing, which is a good thing. I like the effect you are going for for sure, but I think you might want to try and get that dirty sound by using some send and returns. I'm not sure how you are processing your stems, but it sounds quite aggressive in most of the sound elements, which could cause some of the sounds and textures you create to get swallowed up in the chaos. It doesn't need any change to the sounds, but perhaps the way they are routed to the output. For example, around the 3:00 mark you might want to drop something or process your synth delays a bit differently so it is a bit more focused on that effect you are trying to achieve with using the delay. If everything is going at once, it becomes less of an event, if you know what I mean.

Good stuff!

J

sam
Cold

Post by sam »

Thanks Jamie :)

to be honest the processing is a mess and it's become way over complicated. there are a couple of returns which provide most of the saturation but also a lot of effects on individual tracks. it would be nice to have more control.

i did a bit of processing on the rendered file which has gone further towards muddying and harshening the whole thing too.

thanks for listening man :)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I love that Sam. Bit of a departure from the other stuff I've heard from ya. Sounds class!! Didnt realise it was you when I got the email cos y'd changed your name :)

The Broken beat groove is killer mate.Synth is deadly too man.

I personally like the way it sounds distorted. Sounds proper.. but I do thing theres a little too much bass.. just a tad. That bass, or kick, whatever it is thats under everything, driving it - is really great. All the rhythmic hats etc.. v.cool :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

wimmix
non reader

Post by wimmix »

reminds me of a really old track from the 90-ies. sounding good :)

sam
Cold

Post by sam »

thanks for listening, i really appreciate that :)

it got quite interesting while making this one because after a while i could kind of hear where it wanted to go and basically what it should sound like. i just completely lack the skill to pull it off successfully and with style, but it was fun and i learned a ton trying.