It's on

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
ZenoSupreme
arsehole
It's on

Post by ZenoSupreme »

Hi guys,

new track, check it out. feedback is always welcome :)

Barfunkel
Smalahove
Re: It's on

Post by Barfunkel »

I like the bassline and the basic groove (though I'd prefer if the hihat on the kick had some variation, like some kind of a fill every 16 bars or so). However, the arrangement needs lots of work imo. The track should be like 5-6 minutes with this material, it takes too long for the breakdown to appear and nothing really happens after that.

No production comments as I'm on unfamiliar headphones here.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

Thank man, track seemed long for me to, so will look in to that! i might look at the variation to. Thank for the feedback and nice you enjoyed the base groove! :)

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Some interesting grooves going on here, though I agree it's a bit stretched out. The vocal stabs seem a bit random, I think they could work better if you put some more fx on them. Not sure about those arps you've thrown in there, seems a bit random. Also the balance seems a bit off, can't really turn up the volume right now though it might also be that your elements are a bit too separated.

You might want to consider giving some feedback to other people as well, otherwise this forum will turn into just another place for people to spam their tracks. And it's not like the internet needs yet another place like that.
how far do you want to go

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

There are some issues with the bassline, it overlaps itself at some note changes, so you might look at the release.

Vocal is a little loud.

By about 2:30 I was more than ready for something more to happen.
The beat needs a changeup, the constant ride on the Onbeat removes any swing or funk that this really needs and the offbeat shakers lack the power or volume to counter this, but there are nowhere near enough ideas or changes to justify the 10 minute length. I pretty much had heard all I needed to 3 mins in.

The breakdown seems to serve no purpose other than "maybe I should have a breakdown" it doesn`t release or build any tension, the track just stops, stuff happens, and then the track continues as before. No changes, no shift in energy or groove, just pretty much the same thing.

Production is pretty clean overall. This feels like the base idea of a track awaiting a key element and a much more interesting and tighter arrangement.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

Hi guys, thanks for your feedback! I've taken the track back from the finished projects map and am working at it again :)

@ voodoo: will do! My access to internet is really bad atm, but i'll try to be more active at this site! :)