Sirocco

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Dattington
Alf Garnett
Sirocco

Post by Dattington »

Finally got chance to do some more work on the last tune I posted.

It's changed quite a bit hence a new name.

The percussion sounds are all form the previous tune I put up here but rebalanced, and then all the synths are now new.

Have taken on the previous feedback about having too much high end so hopefully this is better balanced and sounds better than the last.

https://soundcloud.com/mattdeegan/siroc ... Abt#t=0:06

Thanks for listening (if you do).
Previews and clips are in the playlist below:

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Sirocco

Post by dubdub »

The track is still very harsh and tiring on the ears to listen to, very sharp in the high-mids, highs and transients. Personally, I had to turn it off after skipping through for half a minute (listening on headphones). There is just too little going on in that juicy, warm bass and low mid area, which accentuates and exaggerates the higher parts of the frequency range. The click of the kick is very sharp and direct and the bass is just too controlled and clinical feeling to make up that warmth. And then all the synths and drums all sit quite high and there's nothing filling in the hole between that.

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

the lows are definitely taking over more than they should. maybe eq more on the kick. it s very dominating but there is something not sitting right.
if you use any kind of correction that would be exposed immediately. are you using one?
i agree the bass is too controlled. Imo if you correct the dominating low end everything will sound more balanced.
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

Dattington
Alf Garnett

Post by Dattington »

Thanks for the feedback guys - appreciate it.

I think i'm going to just sit and reference tunes through my headphones for a while because I'm really struggling.

In terms of high end frequencies (hats etc.) where do you typically roll off/shelf from? Understand this is pretty subjective dependant on sound but as a rough guide?

Cheers
Previews and clips are in the playlist below:

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Hard to say, it depends on the curve and steepness of the filter, anywhere around 20-10k generally. But as I've said, I don't think highend rolloff is going to to fix the mix, the problem lies in the lows and mids.

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Just had a listen to the track. I really like the idea, sounds like it fits on the dancefloor. However, I was waiting for something to come and enhance the energy. Some airy pad maybe. And yes, transient heavy. Cheers