Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Andre_Crom
rescued
Andre Crom - Mind Control

Post by Andre_Crom »

Hi guys,

another new one.

https://soundcloud.com/andre-crom/andre ... -2/s-GRdZT

Sounds pretty finished to me, would love to get more input to how to potentially make it better though.

Thx!

A.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Andre Crom - Mind Control

Post by dubdub »

No complaints with the mix really, that bassline could be more center panned. The vocal get's a bit grating after a while, needs more FX IMO.

By the way, this is your 4th post in less than two weeks, yet I only see one feedback post from you in that timeframe. If you're going to post that much, you should at least spend the time to give feedback on other peoples tracks on here.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

mix sounds good.
i think the elements could be more connected to each other if that makes any sense. now in the first 3,4 mins it sounds like minimal in a bad way. iam struggling with this too in my demos.. maybe there could be some evolving background noise added, something textural. or a string

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Listened to your postings here. I'd say mixwise you're on the way. There seem to be no major problems. My criticism goes out to your sounddesign. This may be a matter of taste, but all in all it sounds like you've learned the basics of techno and focus too much on 'how it should be done'. The results are solid tracks that lack something special, something breaking rules and sound more like a good variety of solid patterns that have been overused over the years. At least to my ears. So it would be great to see you taking the next step, delete all native instruments plugins, all ableton libraries and go crazy ;D
:geek:

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

I like it. I like the vocal and the percussions.

However, there could either be another element - another catchy stab sound for example playing with/enhancing the vocal - or you do something unusual with the vocal itself. A part with effects that makes me think "holy moly, what's going on here?!?!?"

All in all it sounds pretty tight to me :)

Cheers

Andre_Crom
rescued

Post by Andre_Crom »

dubdub wrote:No complaints with the mix really, that bassline could be more center panned. The vocal get's a bit grating after a while, needs more FX IMO.

By the way, this is your 4th post in less than two weeks, yet I only see one feedback post from you in that timeframe. If you're going to post that much, you should at least spend the time to give feedback on other peoples tracks on here.
true that, dubdub, gonna feedback more myself as well!

Andre_Crom
rescued

Post by Andre_Crom »

Root wrote:Listened to your postings here. I'd say mixwise you're on the way. There seem to be no major problems. My criticism goes out to your sounddesign. This may be a matter of taste, but all in all it sounds like you've learned the basics of techno and focus too much on 'how it should be done'. The results are solid tracks that lack something special, something breaking rules and sound more like a good variety of solid patterns that have been overused over the years. At least to my ears. So it would be great to see you taking the next step, delete all native instruments plugins, all ableton libraries and go crazy ;D
thanks man, i think that's always a good advice. when comparing the recent stuff to what i did a year ago it already does sound WAY more radical, but it's indeed an ongoing quest to create a really original and authentic sound. however, i'm not aiming to sign to polegroup either, so if what i do sounds a bit mainstream to some on this forum, that's in the nature of things i guess.

besides i think you can do really weird shit with native and ableton plugs! reaktor and corpus and resonator are just three examples...

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

True that. My post about ableton and NI was a bit sarcastic. In the end it's always the person behind the desk, not the soft- and hardware. :)
:geek:

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

no issues in the mix.
it needs more elements to avoid this minimal (in a bad way) feeling indeed.
nothing too fancy though just make sure it blends well , nothing more annoying than an out of context element hitting your brain.
why don t you put a nice pad going on and off?
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

mix sounds good
intro is a little bit abrupt to the part with the vocal
really like the part at 3:31 to 4:10
but to be honest the track sounds like a showcase of all your great techniques you know
a little bit like a megablend of different songs of the past years
i agree i with kostas you could add a pad