Patch Notes:-

Drums: Analog Rytm
Bass: STO (Synced and Shape FMed) -> Optomix -> Analog Heat
SFX: LI -> Rings -> Clouds -> Analog Heat

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: STO Shape Sync

Post by dubdub »

Some problems as in your other tracks, lowend is wool-y and undefined, lacking transients in the kick and bass. Mix is too mono across the board. I feel like the track could use a nice pad or something, it's a bit dreary to listen to for nearly 8 minutes.

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

dubdub wrote: lowend is wool-y and undefined, lacking transients in the kick and bass.
Any ideas on how this can be fixed? Too much low frequency content? Compression? EQ?

The mono bit is just my laziness.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

IMO the key for bass is the synthesis part - what note you play, what's the waveform, what's the filter, what's the envelope, what's the cutoff. I guess that's where eurorack can be problematic since it doesn't have that classic synth architecture to guide you. The bass in your track is played fairly high so it's going to lack wheight in the subs and the resonance seems to be really high, making it thin and undefined. The envelope also seems a bit wash-y.

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

It's probably because I'm using low pass gates instead of vcas and using AD, ASR envolopes instead of the traditional ADSR. There were no filters used for this bass.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

This isn't something I'm into at all, if I'm honest. I'm sure you had a lot of fun making it, but I found it a chaotic listen and I couldn't make it to the end. To make something like this work for me, it would need a lot more space, some more reverb on some elements and a lot less of the synth. It also needs some eq work, there are definitely a few unpleasant resonant spikes in there and some muddiness in the lows and lower mids.