NISSIM - Time against us

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
OHADOHAD
decent
NISSIM - Time against us

Post by OHADOHAD »

Hi guys,
would be great to hear your thoughts on this EP I'm working on.
any comment appreciated.
Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/nissim_music/set ... us/s-xlTEs
No Bass Lines For Me!

Cloaked
hunger marcher
Re: NISSIM - Time against us

Post by Cloaked »

Whole EP is really nice. Lots of labels would put them out. Bags of personality in these tracks.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

Wow, really nice stuff...Peace & Joy is a belter...

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

Thanks guys!
appreciate it!
Any labels that comes to mind? I've sent to couple.. but might be aiming to high haha
No Bass Lines For Me!

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Track 1: The drums are a bit too sharp and piercing IMO, especially compared to the bass that sits pretty low. The pad and drums also all feel a bit too thin, sounds like a case of over-EQing to me.
Track 2: Similiar to the first, the transients also feel a bit overly aggressive. Could benefit from some gentle mixbus saturation, a bit of resonance EQing in the mids and gentle topend rolloff.
Track 3: The bass is too wool-y and uncontrolled, again the highend is really piercing.
Track 4: I don't think the bass really works, sits in an awkward space frequeny wise and lacks weight and punch. The melody has some overly piercing resonances. The mix feels like certain frequency areas are just missing, there's little happening between the deep bass and the melody that sits fairly high.
Track 5: It's probably supposed to sound weird but I don't think it really works IMO. In any case, the bass is way too wool-y and undefined. That sharp hihat/percussion thing that appears around 3 minutes sits in a very ugly spot frequency wise, too resonant and piercing.

The common problem areas are obvious, drums sit too high and too much HPF and mix seperation, bass is too wool-y and uncontrolled, too much focus and harsh resonances in the high mids. Your lowend and top end need to harmonize together but as it stands your lowend is very dim, dark, wool-y and transient-lacking and your topend is very transient heavy, harsh, bright and brittle. I think you need to bring both a bit more towards the balanced middle.

Hope this doesn't sound too harsh but I wouldn't send them out. Your music obviously has character, it reminds me a lot of the 90s brighton stuff. But while weird music is fine, your mixes are a bit too weird aswell and they need some good old traditional techniques to refine them.

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

dubdub wrote:Track 1: The drums are a bit too sharp and piercing IMO, especially compared to the bass that sits pretty low. The pad and drums also all feel a bit too thin, sounds like a case of over-EQing to me.
Track 2: Similiar to the first, the transients also feel a bit overly aggressive. Could benefit from some gentle mixbus saturation, a bit of resonance EQing in the mids and gentle topend rolloff.
Track 3: The bass is too wool-y and uncontrolled, again the highend is really piercing.
Track 4: I don't think the bass really works, sits in an awkward space frequeny wise and lacks weight and punch. The melody has some overly piercing resonances. The mix feels like certain frequency areas are just missing, there's little happening between the deep bass and the melody that sits fairly high.
Track 5: It's probably supposed to sound weird but I don't think it really works IMO. In any case, the bass is way too wool-y and undefined. That sharp hihat/percussion thing that appears around 3 minutes sits in a very ugly spot frequency wise, too resonant and piercing.

The common problem areas are obvious, drums sit too high and too much HPF and mix seperation, bass is too wool-y and uncontrolled, too much focus and harsh resonances in the high mids. Your lowend and top end need to harmonize together but as it stands your lowend is very dim, dark, wool-y and transient-lacking and your topend is very transient heavy, harsh, bright and brittle. I think you need to bring both a bit more towards the balanced middle.

Hope this doesn't sound too harsh but I wouldn't send them out. Your music obviously has character, it reminds me a lot of the 90s brighton stuff. But while weird music is fine, your mixes are a bit too weird aswell and they need some good old traditional techniques to refine them.

It's all good, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and write feedback, it really helps and that's part of the reason I post my tracks here.
I will improve the mix for sure, there's some interest from record labels already, but I will definitely take your recommendations and improve some stuff.
Thanks again!
No Bass Lines For Me!