Gregory - Jordanneke

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Gregory - Jordanneke

Post by jordanneke »

Is it house? Is it techno? I have no idea.

But it does have a vocal in it. I hope the vocal works.

I'm open to all criticisms, especially bad ones.

tsaro
Lifer
Re: Gregory - Jordanneke

Post by tsaro »

Definitely sounds like old school house, which isn't a bad thing imo.
On my headphones the bass sounds nice and deep, though that's usually a sign that there's a bit too much low end/sub going on.

Liking the groove you've got going on there, though the open hat could do with a bit of attack, it does fit the track, just a touch too weedy without much transient information. I'd also look at looping some of the vocal bits, since your bass keeps repeating itself, some repeating/filtered etc vocals would add to it. Though while I guess it's meant to be political, you can still have the message come through and loop it at strategic points for a couple of bars, and have them also contribute a bit to the hypnotic vibe.

Just switched to speakers for a sec, and seems like it's a bit too bass heavy, getting some distortion when I turn it up.

In the end I think a little variation (other than the filter automation) on the bass line could help keep it fresh after the drop, it's a good riff but too much of a good thing etc.
Otherwise solid track, I like it.
how far do you want to go

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

It's house to me ... nicely done too!

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Nice track but the bass is too loud. The drums aren't loud enough and feel a little thin, could use a couple db extra and some saturation to fit with the really thick lowend.

Just personal preference but the bassline gets a bit grating for me after a while, it's the kind of pattern that creates tension and begs for it to be resolved but it doesn't. Try adding another bar that resolves it and then bring that in every couple of bars.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Thanks for the input.

I couldn't agree more. I've been trying to fix the issue with the bass, but I've had to do a complete re-work.

I'll post the results soon.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

Yo, Like it, i think the bass is right man, i like that early garage bassy sound, I think sometimes it can be difficult when posting tunes on forums, of course people are going to do stuff differently, what to hear it in a different light, as we all have different tastes but i reckon that bass line sits nicely, and all in all a decent track...but a bit more volumes on ya drums would be nice...good work.

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

I heard the version you ve put up today. the kick needs to be more defined sounds like it s not working properly.
another thing is the reverb on the hats. why so heavy? sounds like they are on the back of a warehouse. if thats what u were trying to achieve then make all the relevant elements sit around the same area. no orchestra is spread at so great distances..I mean dont put some of the drums so upfront and some other so much to the back. reverb tail manipulation. if using a sample make it 'dry' first and then add your tail and reverb type, thus gaining more control over what you are doing. upward compression usually tightens the sound and make the tails controllable . it will take you some time to work the settings but it pays back.
i m not so into vocals but I think they need to be controlled too. too much delay in there. a less wet version would work better.
but the track is a very nice idea))
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Thanks for listening and the time taken for the feedback.

Some of the things I agree with, some not. I quite like the sound of the hats and the delay on the vocal (But I can look at delay). I'm a lot more confident in the new version.

Thanks again.

Andre_Crom
rescued

Post by Andre_Crom »

hey,

bass is defo too loud / boomy. really liking the musical content though, it's pretty weird shot and original, and entertaining.

not so keen on the pads however, very lush and mellow, might lose the dancefloor a bit. but that's also a matter of taste, i'm quite peaktime centric these days ;)

anyways, i think the only thing kinda off here is the mixdown expecially bass wise, arrange and sounddeisgn apart from that are cool.

a