Concrete Beats

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
TechnoDude
pregnant
Concrete Beats

Post by TechnoDude »

Somewhat experimental track, hopefully the mixing is a little bit better this time.

Patch Notes:-

Drums: Analog Rytm
Bass: DPO -> Chronoblob
SFX: E350 -> Clouds -> Echophone

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Concrete Beats

Post by jordanneke »

The mixing is better than last time.

But the lows of the drums need cleaning up further. Did you eq after the distortion? if you did it's not enough. The lows are still muddy. I can't tell excatly what to do without looking at a spec analyser, but I'm guessing that the bass occupies a far too wide range. This sound too muddy down there, there's not enough clarity in the sounds.

Did you apply distortion across the whole low end?

The highs aren't yet clear and precise enough. But your skills are improving.

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

I used the overdrive in the Analog Rytm for the kick, I also turned up the decay on the kick as well.

The bass has no distortion, the effect sound has distortion via. the Analog Heat.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

It feels like there are entire frequency bands missing, everything is super seperated. That CAN work sometimes but the mix is way too dry and mono for that. You'd need a shit ton of huge stereo reverb on everything.

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

dubdub wrote:It feels like there are entire frequency bands missing, everything is super seperated. That CAN work sometimes but the mix is way too dry and mono for that. You'd need a shit ton of huge stereo reverb on everything.
Yeah, agreed.