Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Andre_Crom
rescued
Andre Crom - Consciousness

Post by Andre_Crom »

hi guys,

new WIP.

https://soundcloud.com/andre-crom/consciousness/s-sJ7tY

still feel i can / need to work more on sounddesign and transitions, automations and arrange finetuning, but it's pretty far already - any feedback would be appreciated.

thx!

a.

kostas
Opposite
Re: Andre Crom - Consciousness

Post by kostas »

hi Andre
I think you have posted another track and my input on both is the same. the tracks have of course great potentials.
you hear that the creator knows where the track needs to go. but the delivery is poor. it sounds like poorly mixed
tracks with the levels between the elements being unbalanced. pay attention to the percussions they sound dull and
lost ''behind'' the track. bring them more to the front with a nice compressor. I like the low end very tight. i would
work on the kick more. the general feeling I m getting is an attempt for a low-fi kinda thing. a thing I don't understand
when ppl are trying to make their tracks lofi-ish. either this lo fi it was intentional, or you need to get a good musical eq.
throw it to the mixbus and with the right combination of saturation make things brighter. dont overdo it though or the
sound will become over cooked.
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Andre Crom - Consciousness

Post by dubdub »

I don't think that riff/bassline really comes through in the track.