dubdub - trancestep

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
dubdub
Asphyxiwank
dubdub - trancestep

Post by dubdub »

I can definitely hear that the mix has issues but I'm not sure where exactly the problem lies, maybe just too much going on in the second half?

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: dubdub - trancestep

Post by jordanneke »

Man, there's a LOT going on from the start.

I think there's just too much, but probably just too much overdrive/ saturation on the drums. By 2.04 I'm just losing everything. Too much fighting for space and things start to sound a bit dissonant.

The delays of the stabs take up like 90% of the room, and the rest is really fighting. I don't know what I should be following.

I'd really pare it back to a couple of tracks, and make a focus for the listener.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

nice idea, but definitely too much individual tracks and too much delay.
keep it simple, if you cant, listen to some robert hood. and then find a mix in between and it will be fine :)

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Yeah it's just way too busy with sounds and on top of that the delay, judging by the sounds you used you'd assume it's going to be a laid back track, and it would be if you'd strip it down to a beat, that main synth and bass. It could work if you are able to give every sound its own space, but in the end it would probably turn out a bit weird since the sounds you used don't really seem to want to be in a high energy context.

The snare/ rhythm need some work too, it just doesn't seem to sit right together with that big kick. Maybe it has too much low end smack, or just a bit too much high end/tail combined with that kick. I think they could both do with some tweaking, and maybe it's just that the skippy beat doesn't really go with the rest of the sounds, a more constant groove would probably work better here.

Those sparkly arps and that full on hihat pattern together almost turn the high end into a constant stream of noise.

With a bit of work it could be quite listenable though.
how far do you want to go

victer
Pig

Post by victer »

Can't say much about the technicalities but I wanted to say that I really like the vibe of the track, definitely worth putting a bit more effort into it.
It kind of reminded me of 40 Cookies by Paul Mac, maybe you could try referencing to this.
facebook.com/bepulsed

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Cheers guys, got it, just too much going on. I don't know, I'm just very scared of being too minimal :lol: