Bound - Reflective Desire

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
bounduk
Exampleless
Bound - Reflective Desire

Post by bounduk »

Hi Subsekt heads,

A few months ago I posted something and got some great feedback from yourselves. I thought I'd upload something else on Soundcloud and once again I'm absolutely all ears to any and all feedback no matter how scathing and critical.
I've started experimenting with FM synthesis, which is what the main synth riff throughout the tune is. Still not completely au fait with Ableton but I made it using Operator (with the rest of the tune done in Logic).

Cheers,
Tom

tsaro
Lifer
Re: Bound - Reflective Desire

Post by tsaro »

Solid groove here, building momentum with those percussive sounds very effectively.

The low end of the kick seems to get lost a little in the heavy bass though.
That ripping synth sound every 2nd beat sounds just a bit muffled throughout the track, especially compared to how it sounds in the outro. Maybe you could give it a little more space in the mix, I thnk that would add an extra dimension to this one.

Not really a fan of that rising synth, I'd just pick a note and keep it there, at least I wouldn't let it go higher than at around 30 seconds in, though that's more of a personal thing. It does add tension building towards the drop I guess.

Nicely done, enjoyed listening to it.
how far do you want to go

bounduk
Exampleless

Post by bounduk »

vo0doo wrote:Solid groove here, building momentum with those percussive sounds very effectively.

The low end of the kick seems to get lost a little in the heavy bass though.
That ripping synth sound every 2nd beat sounds just a bit muffled throughout the track, especially compared to how it sounds in the outro. Maybe you could give it a little more space in the mix, I thnk that would add an extra dimension to this one.

Not really a fan of that rising synth, I'd just pick a note and keep it there, at least I wouldn't let it go higher than at around 30 seconds in, though that's more of a personal thing. It does add tension building towards the drop I guess.

Nicely done, enjoyed listening to it.
Thanks for listening man, I agree about the ripping sound but I feel a bit lost as to how to get it the space in the mix that it needs. I really dig the tune in your signature btw, any plans for release?

celome
quasi-public

Post by celome »

really solid man !
nice groove
Music factory : https://soundcloud.com/celomemusic

New release :

Prophet 5rev4 - Model D behringer - Elektron Model:Cycles - Live 11 - push 2 - apc 40 -krk 6 g3 - ultrasone pro 550 - Elektron analog four mk2 - MacBook Pro - Akai lpk - Moog Minitaur

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

I think your sub eats a lot of dynamic, especially noticeable in the breaks where everything has room to breathe and with the drop it get's a bit squeezed. Sound like a heavy limiter working or too much compression? It's subtle, but it makes that your higher elements lack punch and clarity. Nice groove and mood though!
:geek:

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

It's well produced man.

The only criticism comes from the hook, or lack thereof. The rising synth is kinda the hook, but it's not present enough in the mix to really draw my attention. I like that sound a lot. I'd give it some more room to be the star, and turn what is essentially a tool/loop into a great track

When it disappears, all that's left is a groove, which is good, but kinda makes the last minute unnecessary.