Andre Crom - Saturn

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Andre_Crom
rescued
Andre Crom - Saturn

Post by Andre_Crom »

Hi guys,

new one i'm working on, still in progress, some feedback would be good.

Specifically to the melody in the break. I feel it's kinda cool cause it gives character, but not sure if it might not put quite a few people off from playing it?

Besides, i intentionally left the melody hits unquantised and a few things "rough around the edges" to keep it raw and give an improvised, "live recorded" feel - do you feel it's cool or does it sound unfinished to you?

https://soundcloud.com/andre-crom/andre ... mo/s-iJdvT

Thx in advance!

A.

tsaro
Lifer
Re: Andre Crom - Saturn

Post by tsaro »

Pretty cool roller. The rest of the track sounds about alright for what it is, though that synth could definitely do with some tweaking.

Maybe throw on something like crystallizer if you have it, or some reverb tail/shimmer-ish thing to pull it together a bit. Not sure if that would do it, but now it seems to lack cohesion somehow, just some notes floating about in empty space.
how far do you want to go

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

I think that melody is one of the more interesting things in your track. It's well produced, but a lot of elements seem to be a bit too generic to me, like the kick is very clean, the hats are envelope modulated white noise and so on.. Don't get me wrong, it works well as it is. But as vodoo said, it might be worth playing around with fx, crush your samples, apply new techniques to make everything more interesting. Especially when you're trying to achieve that more raw and live recording technostyle. In the end i'd say it's not my approach, when you try to make your tracks in a way that dj's and djanes will play it. Do what you like and what you feel and people will play it, because it's got character.
:geek:

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Mix seems a bit dark to me, could be a tiny bit brighter, I think. Especially that rolling line.

Andre_Crom
rescued

Post by Andre_Crom »

thx guys! good points, will get on them when back in the studio. any further feedback is welcome, the more open, the better.