Suppressor - 4am

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
suppressor
Alf Garnett
Suppressor - 4am

Post by suppressor »

So i made these 3 tracks 2 years or so ago an i have just gone back and listened to them.
I think i might go back and give them a re mixdown and a master with all the technical stuff that i have learnt.

Do you think they are decent enough for release?

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Suppressor - 4am

Post by dubdub »

In all honesty, no. Musically they are a bit generic and empty-feeling and technically they just aren't there to compete with the really well produced stuff in that area.

Blocktechno
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Blocktechno »

fuck it man. as long as you don't put stupid amounts of money in to it, why not?

I'm no expert and only listened to the the first track but I though it was pretty cool...so yeah...go for it....

suppressor
Alf Garnett

Post by suppressor »

Thanks for honesty guys.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

dubdub wrote:
In all honesty, no. Musically they are a bit generic and empty-feeling and technically they just aren't there to compete with the really well produced stuff in that area.
Yeah I second that.

Don't take that the wrong way man. Just keep on improving at the rate you have been,

suppressor
Alf Garnett

Post by suppressor »

jordanneke wrote:
dubdub wrote:
Yeah I second that.

Don't take that the wrong way man. Just keep on improving at the rate you have been,
Thanks Jords.

I take a lot of what people like you say on this forum very serious.
I find that commenting on someone else's work can be one of the purest forms of honesty.

:)

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

I like the last track the most, go and release that one!

bounduk
Exampleless

Post by bounduk »

I like Waiting Games the most. I think you'd maybe be best off finding parts of what you like from all of them and applying what you know now with production to make something new, I guarantee you'd prefer whatever the result of that is to just remixing an old forgotten project

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

suppressor wrote:
I take a lot of what people like you say on this forum very serious.
I find that commenting on someone else's work can be one of the purest forms of honesty.

:)
Whatever you do, don't take what I say seriously. 99.9% of the time I'm full of shit. And the other .1% of the time, I'm having a shit.

But really (In my vast experience of not being very good), don't waste opportunities for release when the material you produce isn't quite there yet. I say this more about me that you really.

In 2 years, the stuff you'll produce will blow your current productions out of the water. Wait.

Kromasome
arsehole

Post by Kromasome »

Just my personal (and largely uneducated) opinion but the tracks sound like they are good enough to send to some labels to see what interest there is (if at worst you learn something from the process then it's not a lost cause in my opinion). I agree with what Jordan says about improving and waiting another couple of years, but what happens in two years from now?? Wait another couple of years until you improve more...just saying that most artists continue to improve (evolve maybe) even after they've started releasing stuff.

Without down-playing your tracks, I've heard worse stuff that's been released. Also not saying that should be what you base your decision on, just saying I feel like I've heard more derivative stuff (in terms of musical content) and lower production standards on tracks being listed for sale (but we all know there is a huge glut of sub-standard music being released when it probably wouldn't have been in the days before it became easier to make basic tracks at home and release them yourself if you really want to).

Ultimately I think it can also be one of the best motivators (and sometimes de-motivators) to get honest feedback from credible labels (if you do get any feedback).

Having made these tracks a couple of years ago, how does what you make today compare to them?? (ie if you have improved in that time, why not spend more time on some more recent tracks and send them off instead?)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

In short no, the first track was the best in terms of production values, but these releases, I would say, are below average production quality in terms of techno out there, I wouldn`t feel comfortable mastering any of them in their present state.

Just keep working at it and you will get there.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.