dubdub - dreamy groove

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
dubdub
Asphyxiwank
dubdub - dreamy groove

Post by dubdub »

Does what it says in the title :)

I had some problems getting the final details of the mix right... bass and chord might be a little to quiet, the hat and ride a little to loud - not exactly sure.

tsaro
Lifer
Re: dubdub - dreamy groove

Post by tsaro »

That hat you've got on top of your kick needs to lose some high frequencies probably, or maybe you can shift the timing a little so it stays out if the kicks transients way.

I always find when doing something like that you really need to find the right sound/balance or else it will merge with the top end of your kick in a bit of a weird manner.

The chords/synth stabs aren't too quiet imo, I feel some parts are even a bit too loud, especially one note that seems to spike a little in volume occasionally. They actually would benefit from being more dynamically even, and it sounds to me like you've boosted soem frequencies a fair bit on them. They really need to be more restrained, in more than one way, you might also want to tone down the delays on them. Right now they also feel a little over the top as far as placement goes.

With these kind of sounds it's easy to be tricked into thinking that it still sounds coherent when you're trying out effects while it's quickly turning into a mess.

The bass could do with a little saturation, though maybe if you clean up your synths it will cut through a bit better anyway.

There's some nice music hidden in there, just need to clean it up a bit.
how far do you want to go

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Thanks for the thoughts - the bass is already saturated as hell, I think it started with a sine wave, lol!

Blocktechno
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Blocktechno »

again, limited opinion but sounds like it should be lower tempo. just my two-penneth

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

Yeah, I really like what this tracks started out with. The bass sounds good to my ears. I just feel like there is too much delay used on some of that sounds. Otherwise you got a solid base for a nice track! That break is nice as well.

paul-slacknoise
Face Hugger

Post by paul-slacknoise »

Nice work. Love the bassline and your percussion work, especially the snare is spot on. Towards the end after the break there is a hihat, which is too loud for my taste and a bit too aggressive. For my taste the kick drum sounds a bit too generic. The lead synth sounds really cool with the switching of attack. There might be a bit room for playing around with the lead though and cutting a bit delay out. Cheers

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

sounds nice! it has a nice energetic spacy flow to it :). you could try to lose a bit of the reverb, also try to boost the mid range a bit more and cut on the highs, this might affect the lows in the track whitch sound right to me now.

also instead of saturation, try using a differt kind of distortion, afterwards try to eq it right. works for me annyways...

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Cheers guys. I like my delay but you guys are right in that having too much delay kind of kills the transient and oomph of the synths. Listening to it back agai, the ride definitely feels a bit too loud and the highs a tiny bit too bright.

sergiobR1
Wastedddd

Post by sergiobR1 »

I think everything sounds good man, I would not change anything. Maybe just add some percussion.

Cheers.
we speak of art with flaming passion
then do work void of compassion
and wonder why reality is bleeding fiction