Demo

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Neal
fake
Demo

Post by Neal »

Thought I'd put this on here, I don't really share a lot of music. I have issues with letting go of tracks.

<link removed>

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Demo

Post by dubdub »

Mix sounds a bit too clean, I think, for this kind of track, with the grime-y lead etc. The track also feels a bit plastic since there aren't really any punchy transients, the kick is all reverb-y and smooth, the drone-y line lacks attack and the drums are thin and 808-ish. Maybe some big 909 drums would have worked better for that kind of track, they provide that thick punch and transient action in the higher mids.

I don't think there's enough going on to carry the whole track, maybe a thick drone-y pad in the second half or something.

Neal
fake

Post by Neal »

dubdub wrote:Mix sounds a bit too clean, I think, for this kind of track, with the grime-y lead etc. The track also feels a bit plastic since there aren't really any punchy transients, the kick is all reverb-y and smooth, the drone-y line lacks attack and the drums are thin and 808-ish. Maybe some big 909 drums would have worked better for that kind of track, they provide that thick punch and transient action in the higher mids.

I don't think there's enough going on to carry the whole track, maybe a thick drone-y pad in the second half or something.
Hey thanks for listening. I'll maybe look at adding some further 'warmth' to the mix. I'm not really going for big thick punchy drums on this one. I can understand why you'd perceive not much going on but minimalism is what I'm going for considering the artists that inspire me.

If the mix translates as 'clean' then that's great.

Neal
fake

Post by Neal »

dubdub wrote:Mix sounds a bit too clean, I think, for this kind of track, with the grime-y lead etc. The track also feels a bit plastic since there aren't really any punchy transients, the kick is all reverb-y and smooth, the drone-y line lacks attack and the drums are thin and 808-ish. Maybe some big 909 drums would have worked better for that kind of track, they provide that thick punch and transient action in the higher mids.

Out of interest, what sort of producers do you like man?

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Neal, you've not followed the members tracks rules (see the sticky). So I've removed the link for now. Its nothing personal and once you've increased your post count a bit PM me the link and I'll restore it for you.

Neal
fake

Post by Neal »

Planar wrote:Neal, you've not followed the members tracks rules (see the sticky). So I've removed the link for now. Its nothing personal and once you've increased your post count a bit PM me the link and I'll restore it for you.
Ok no problem.