Turbo Tulip

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
paul-slacknoise
Face Hugger
Turbo Tulip

Post by paul-slacknoise »

a bit of everything i guess. For some it might be too slow, but nowadays i prefer slower. It might be the aging :D

tsaro
Lifer
Re: Turbo Tulip

Post by tsaro »

Not something I'd listen to usually, though individually I'm liking most of the sounds you have in there, except the kick, and the snare. I think the kick needs to be cut in the high mids a bit, and the low end could be a little fuller even though the bass is quite present. At least in the intro. Also the snare needs to lose some weight, the attack is too aggressive for this kind of song. As soon as it comes in it kind of dominates everything in the mix, almost splitting it in half. In the places where the snare hits the kick almost seems to disappear.

Some cool laid back melodies/arps in here, though I feel something like this could use a hook of some kind, maybe choose the best bits of that arp and loop it for a measure occasionally to give the song some sense of direction/make it feel less random. Interesting effort.
how far do you want to go

paul-slacknoise
Face Hugger

hi vo0doo
thanks a lot for your feedback. I produced that one via headphones so i am really glad that you point out some details i have to improve. The main idea of this track was to create some sort of weirdness which i think i did. thanks for the productive input. i will defentily come back to the track and work on the arp kind of loopy synth. i was thinking to slcie it a bit.

I like the feeling of the general sound, but some bits dont match up.
cheers

Blocktechno
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Blocktechno »

in my limited opinion...its a bit muddy on the bottom end.. but I like it..breakdown is cool as fuck for me.

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

I always like it when people are able to keep a track interesting with a minimum amount of elements. The track has a very soothing effect. Are you still working on it?

paul-slacknoise
Face Hugger

thanks all for the input. I am still working on it. I feel like 70% of the elements are working good together but the other proportion somehow doesnt fit. I am trying to figure out why. As mentioned. The main idea of the track is actually what you are hearing between 1min and 3:30 something like this, so maybe what has been referred to as "muddy sound". I have to say i am not a professional at all and limited technical abilities here given my setup. Maybe thats why sometimes my tracks sound muddy.

paul-slacknoise
Face Hugger

I considered your input to my best interpretation. Sounds better now.