Joseph John - Anomoly

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Joseph John
fancy woman
Joseph John - Anomoly

Post by Joseph John »

Bit of a party tune from me...bassy roller...big influences from the 7 years of solidly listening to dnb...

maybe a bit different to stuff i normally post on here...have a go though, any pointers will be greatly received..

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

tsaro
Lifer
Re: Joseph John - Anomoly

Post by tsaro »

The attack on the kick sounds a bit wonky, though I guess when the bass comes in it makes sense. Maybe replace it for the first few bars. Could still use a bit of tweaking though, now that I've been listening to it for while.

Some nice interplay between your bass and synth sounds there, really groovy. The mix sounds a bit bass heavy here, maybe someone can conform that as I've just set up my sub in another room. And the high end seems a bit subdued, like there's a blanket over the speakers.

All in all pretty cool stuff!
how far do you want to go

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

cheers man! i thats just the rough cut, gonna put it through my work SSL desk tomorrow and work on the mis properly as my speakers at home are wank! thanks for the listen bro...yeah i agree its bassy...will get on that for sure...that seems to be a problem in most of my tunes

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Mix needs some kind of melodic content, the whole track feels like an intro right now. I agree that the kick/bass are a bit too wonky.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

dubdub wrote:Mix needs some kind of melodic content, the whole track feels like an intro right now. I agree that the kick/bass are a bit too wonky.
Thanks for the input dude, it supposed to sound bassy, dubby and a bit wonky/wierd, its not supposed to be a clean melodic track, its supposed to be a bit of a dance floor stomper, melodies are not what the aim was when creating it.

I will check the kick though!!! maybe clean it up on the intro...nice one!

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

It#s well produced, but it's missing something. Another layer.

At the moment it has no real hook, the bass is good, but there's just nothing else to carry the track, and gets loopy very quickly.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

jordanneke wrote:It#s well produced, but it's missing something. Another layer.

At the moment it has no real hook, the bass is good, but there's just nothing else to carry the track, and gets loopy very quickly.
Ace. Thanks for the feed back...from what dub dub said and your self it just needs a sprinkling of something. I will get to work on it and see what pops out the other side and let you know, Again, cheers for all the feed back

Joe