first light

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
tsaro
Lifer
first light

Post by tsaro »

Couldn't sleep so I decided to make some music... Might be a bit bass heavy since it was done on headphones.
how far do you want to go

tsaro
Lifer
Re: first light

Post by tsaro »

Just updated it, made some adjustments to the bass and added some little sounds here and there.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

mix sounded pretty great here in the studio.

always a fan of broken beat techno (wish I could get away with it)

maybe try taming some of those background textures/sounds just a bit ?
especially the noisy kind of texture you got going on now, not all the FX at the background.
maybe side-chain a bit more ?

Really like the pad sound coming in, though I'm not sure every chord really fits the rest of the track.
(and when the pad plays, it really becomes obvious you might benefit from taming that noisy hihat rain kind of texture)

also, I could be mistaken, but I don't think I heard any break in this track at all. Why not give it a try ?
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Thanks for checking it out.
I'll see about bringing down the highs a little there, I think I automated a lowpass over it somewhere (or I was planning to) but honestly I don't remember all that well, it was sort of made on autopilot....
Intricate melodies have never been my strong point, so it's gonna be hard for me to improve the mood of the strings, just noticed that the bass pad I had going under those chords is almost completely gone, which I felt was somethng the whole idea hinged on...hmm..

Also need to work a bit on some transitions I think, and make more sense of some of the call-response elements in some places. Already knee deep in a couple of other projects, though I'll come back to this one for sure.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Kick needs more click and some more body in the higher mids. I like the pads but not sure if they're enough to carry the whole track.

Vilius J
broke

Post by Vilius J »

I really like this one. The only thing that I'd change or edit is the kick. Either make it distorted to fit the sound of the percussions and everything else or would choose different one. Besides that everything else is really cool ! :)