Thomas Timusk - F5517

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
sinesnsnares
Pig
Thomas Timusk - F5517

Post by sinesnsnares »

One from a month ago, found it again now. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the mixdown/structure, and if it works with so few elements or if I need to bring in a bit more, either automation or new elements. Also, I tried this super creative thing with reverb on the kick.. :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/thomastimusk/f-5517/s-JoRlh

TechnoDude
pregnant
Re: Thomas Timusk - F5517

Post by TechnoDude »

I quite like this one, probably just a little bit more variation would to make it a little bit more interesting, almost there.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

The bass rumble takes up too much space in the mix IMO and there isn't enough happening in the low mids, there's a bit of a blank spot in the mix down there. The kick is a bit too wet I think, could use some layering with a kick that's a bit more dry for the mids/highs.

phredd
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by phredd »

dubdub wrote:The bass rumble takes up too much space in the mix IMO and there isn't enough happening in the low mids, there's a bit of a blank spot in the mix down there. The kick is a bit too wet I think, could use some layering with a kick that's a bit more dry for the mids/highs.
I agree, A bit of Equalizing and Sidechaining the Reverbchannel could work!
Peace & Party! and share skills!

sinesnsnares
Pig

Post by sinesnsnares »

cheers fellas, imma revisit this one later this week and i'll take a look at the kick. Maybe I'll add a little tom groove that plays with the bell sound as well.

paul-slacknoise
Face Hugger

Post by paul-slacknoise »

cool track. I like the feel of it. agreed with the bass rumble but i really like the contrasts in the track

matt1171
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by matt1171 »

Actually really like this!

Automate reverb and delay effects on the "bell" sound as it sounds a bit static at the moment i.e. no movement throughout the track.

Maybe bring some pad type sounds in and out at different points to create some more interest. Maybe some different one shot effects coming in every now and again with long reverb tails to create more space and atmosphere.

Also maybe some kind of high Porc sound to add to add just below the high hat frequencies.

Can definitely see someone like Nina Kraviz playing this.

Good luck!

suppressor
Alf Garnett

Post by suppressor »

This is right up my alley in regards to the style.
The reverb on the kick is nice and rumbly but yeah might be worth cutting through with some sidechain ducking.
Maybe you could also add a few more verby percussive instruments?
After listening to the track a couple times, the Bell does need some sort of evolution.

bounduk
Exampleless

Post by bounduk »

I really love this. Track sounds brilliant, no other points to make apart from what's already been said. Lemme know if you end up releasing this.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

sinesnsnares wrote:One from a month ago, found it again now. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the mixdown/structure, and if it works with so few elements or if I need to bring in a bit more, either automation or new elements. Also, I tried this super creative thing with reverb on the kick.. :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/thomastimusk/f-5517/s-JoRlh

bell definitely needs more variation, I'd also consider putting it in louder in the mix, and changing it's panning from time to time.

all in all, very decent track in the genre you're always going for. ;)

the break at 2:56 : not sure if the noisy stuff really works that well. (and if it works at all later on in the track as well)
but after that break the track really starts sounding very well executed.

Personally, I'd instantly feel like I'd want to add some extra notes between the bell stuff here or there, but that's just me.

Your percussion sounds wonderfully stingy !

Right now I'd say it's still missing something, and I'd be inclined to say all it needs is a proper riff that sticks inside your head.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Vilius J
broke

Post by Vilius J »

A couple more sounds like extra hat and ride would do the job :)