Jordanneke - Sunsplash

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Jordanneke - Sunsplash

Post by jordanneke »

Yo yo,

Something bordering on 'experimental' for me.

Since it's something new, I have no idea about it really, or how well it works, if at all.

EDIT - THIS IS THE NEW VERSION

All criticisms taken...cunts

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Jordanneke - Sunsplash

Post by dubdub »

I like what you have, especially the atmosphere, i'm not sure if your reverb-kick thingie is the right fit for this kind of track though. The pad sits a bit too low, I think and the only thing that really pierces through the midrange murk is the hihat. Maybe add another pad that sits an octave higher or something, that one around 4:30 you could maybe pitch up a bit and work into the rest of the track.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Hmm, the kick isn't working for me either, though it settles in around 2:00. After that I think it works much better.

Other than that I think you've got some ingredients for a cool track. I like the low volume talking in the background, like the TV is on or something. And the music as a whole is nice and moody.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

I'd say the drum sounds and rhythm in general doesn't work for the beautiful mood. More glitchy beats over a straight soft kick or glitchy wacko beats in general is what I hear in my head.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Yep, that subrumble takes away the air from those nice and wide pads. I'd cut that and go for a more dub like sound. Maybe some varations of dry, wooden percussion and some reverbed one, flying around, making the atmosphere even more widely. I like the vocals - are they political? :)
:geek:

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

yeah i agree the beats doesnt fit this track
soundwise and pattern wise

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

Like most of the time with your tracks, I like the mood you set. With that being said, the speed at which the vocals part plays at around 2:50 is too fast which breaks me out of the mood you created earlier. Consider putting a spacious reverb on the vocals and slowing it down or creating an actual rhythm.

Vilius J
broke

Post by Vilius J »

I'd try to expand it to like 7 or 8 minutes that'd add that hypno feel to it. Maybe a couple more hat lines. Besides that cool track. Like it

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Ok, I took on the criticisms.

Any better? Or worse?

(also added to the original post)

heyitsleyy
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by heyitsleyy »

Recognized that reaktor preset immediatly :) I like the kick though, so I feel different from the others, I don't mind the contrast. Really dislike the vocals though.

Edit : I listened to the old version after the new one, kick is much better that way indeed.