Joseph John - Cowbell

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Joseph John
fancy woman
Joseph John - Cowbell

Post by Joseph John »

So i put this together a while ago, as soon as i got it all sorted i realised it was a bit too long in the mix

its a pretty good party tune though...if ya want to get straight to the action skip to 1.56...

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

Opnå
non reader
Re: Joseph John - Cowbell

Post by Opnå »

The beat + cowbell riff is pretty banging. Sounds solid on my headphones and i think it's a good basis for the type of track you're going for. I've always been a fan of the old reverse kick swoosh in there.

I'd say that you're right its too long or maybe it's more importantly that it doesnt evolve enough to be an 8 min track. I know it's meant to be a repetitive banger but there needs to be some evolution to stay interested. Even just working some reverb on some of the static type noises and having them swell in and out a bit would help.

The breakdown as well doesn't really add anything for me as it stands. I'd say either work on that with some extra elements / processing to make it an actual "drop" or just remove it.

Hope this helps.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

yeah man, that helps, thanks for taking a look.

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

Opnå
non reader

Post by Opnå »

Joseph John wrote:yeah man, that helps, thanks for taking a look.
no worries