Joseph John - Automate

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Joseph John
fancy woman
Joseph John - Automate

Post by Joseph John »

Hi,

I have been kicking about for a bit on here and decided to post a tune/tunes i have been working on...go easy on me!!!

This one i complete today, not as rowdy as my usual stuff but i like it...its a roller...

thanks for looking...follow me if ya want!

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

Leskey
non reader
Re: Joseph John - Automate

Post by Leskey »

Yo!

Först impression is that the intro was a Bit dull and too long. Seems like it's trying to be a few different things at the same time. Like it's a burner somewhat but not enough drive, especially in the top end. Not much is going on up there. I need a ride to ride on mate!

The kick could use some more pronunciation aswell as the low end needs to come down a few db.

You got something going but even if it had some serious production value it's still something I would scroll by. It's missing some catch as to why I should hold on to it.

All in the name and spirit of evolution.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

yes, thanks alot for the feed back bro, very constructive...very much appreciated.

i will look at the intro, i was trying to keep the kick to a bit of a dull rolling one, tried to take as much of the punch out of it as i could as it didnt it right, and wasn't what i was aiming for...

thanks again...

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Mix is too murky overall, not enough happening in the high mids and highs. Agree, the kick lacks a bit of bunch, maybe try layering.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

dubdub wrote:Mix is too murky overall, not enough happening in the high mids and highs. Agree, the kick lacks a bit of bunch, maybe try layering.
cheers for the feedback, like i said i didn't really want a massively punchy kick, i was looking to produce quite a murky/dull bassline with a long decay, I had a punch on the kick and it just sounded like it didnt sit right.. maybe brighten up my claps...put a little more punch on the kick and up my hi hat...

Thanks man.

Kraht
fake

Post by Kraht »

Good effort guy! I like rollers like this. The intro is indeed a bit to long, or maybe you can leave something for 30 seconds later, to keep it interesting. I like the way your groove sounds laidback, the bass decay is good.

Around 2m there is some change needed, it could be as simple as muting the trembling part of it. Also a simple trick to keep the attention is to ad just a simple (typical) off beat 909 hat/right. That could be something to do after the dip in the middle. Or: I can hear you have some hats going on in the background, put those more on front. A simple automation on volume up could do the trick I guess..

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

Kraht wrote:Good effort guy! I like rollers like this. The intro is indeed a bit to long, or maybe you can leave something for 30 seconds later, to keep it interesting. I like the way your groove sounds laidback, the bass decay is good.

Around 2m there is some change needed, it could be as simple as muting the trembling part of it. Also a simple trick to keep the attention is to ad just a simple (typical) off beat 909 hat/right. That could be something to do after the dip in the middle. Or: I can hear you have some hats going on in the background, put those more on front. A simple automation on volume up could do the trick I guess..
More brilliant feedback, thank you,

Yeah i think the overall decision here is to up my highs a bit, chop a bit off the top of the intro and get a bit of a punch going, i do think it sounding a bit flat...

Again, been bottling it about posting tracks on here, but the feed back has been invaluable.

nice work troops...more to come!!!

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

I love kicks like that, can't judge the sub right now though as far as I can tell it is eating up a lot of space. Your percussion sounds a little hyperactive, might want to see if you can create some space for your groove to come out properly. Too many things going on in the (low)mids at once.

Also your percussion seems to have lost a bit of impact (probably because you had to make room for the kick), I'd try to figure out a way to balance that tradeoff just a little differently.

Agreed on the lack of highs, a typical ride pattern would indeed fit this style well.
how far do you want to go

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

vo0doo wrote:I love kicks like that, can't judge the sub right now though as far as I can tell it is eating up a lot of space. Your percussion sounds a little hyperactive, might want to see if you can create some space for your groove to come out properly. Too many things going on in the (low)mids at once.

Also your percussion seems to have lost a bit of impact (probably because you had to make room for the kick), I'd try to figure out a way to balance that tradeoff just a little differently.

Agreed on the lack of highs, a typical ride pattern would indeed fit this style well.
Cheers mate!