Obtuso - Lonely Living Wall

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
daunzila
arsehole
Obtuso - Lonely Living Wall

Post by daunzila »

Hi there, i managed to have some sessions again in the last weeks,
new room, doing it in the morning not in night as i used to do,
so i think its affecting the outcome so im not sure if this one should be called techno but anyway, here it goes

WTF?!

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Obtuso - Lonely Living Wall

Post by dubdub »

Too much verb on the whole mix, especially the topend.

Aurongroove
pregnant

Post by Aurongroove »

Your kick/low end percussion needs to be run through loads of hospital doors on a trolly, with doctors around it shouting out things they need "stat!"

It's almost not there at all, in fact, it's almost losing to that hi hat as the track's main "beat keeper".

If you could get it to assert itself more in some of the tracks groove (without also bring up it's ample bassy hum any further, there IS enough of that already) you might have an excuse for keeping all the exaggerated verb that washing everything, without losing the essence of the low moody numbly idea.

But as it is now, it's closer to being a ambient track being rudely visited by the hi hats, snare and synth line of a yet-to-be piece of techno.

I love how that synth noise, builds through the track.
Good luck with it, and your new room, and new time of day. (so much life adjusting :D )
I'm Hilarious

Some professional mastering engineers use multi-band compressors.

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

Thanks Dubdub and Aurongroove i think youre both right, i recorded this one using headphones, have i got into that headphone verb trap?
Damn!

I dont have a multitrack of this to tame the verb thing but maybe i can try to fix this treating the low end a little, maybe with a multi-band compressor?
hehehe
I couldnt resist ;)

But i dont want to let this poor track die like that, ill try something tomorrow morning, any other idea was welcome :)
WTF?!

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Multiband compression 4 lyfe yo :P

If you're really going to try and 'fix this from a single file, maybe you could try something like deverb if you have it, and some really narrow eq-ing.

Some plugins that might be able to help here: http://www.pitchtech.ch , they made some pretty nifty (and free) stuff to rip apart audio at the seams, STNeq, spectralcompander and sin*noise are the ones that come to mind here. Might turn it all into mush though, but it doesn't hurt to try....
how far do you want to go

Aurongroove
pregnant

Post by Aurongroove »

daunzila wrote:Thanks Dubdub and Aurongroove i think youre both right, i recorded this one using headphones, have i got into that headphone verb trap?
Damn!

I dont have a multitrack of this to tame the verb thing but maybe i can try to fix this treating the low end a little, maybe with a multi-band compressor?
hehehe
I couldnt resist ;)
Joking aside, MB comp would be the last thing this needs.
This is very much a mix issue.
I'm Hilarious

Some professional mastering engineers use multi-band compressors.

Vilius J
broke

Post by Vilius J »

I like this one.