"Playing to win"

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
gurr13r
crud
"Playing to win"

Post by gurr13r »

http://soundcloud.com/gurrier/playing-to-win

Its not really techno, more tech house... I started it yesterday, its notr quite finished yet, im useless with automation and stuff, so if you have any advice for me id really appreciate it ;)

sam
Cold
Re: "Playing to win"

Post by sam »

listened to this one a while ago and it's got some very nice percussion in it and that bass is gnarly too. the rides are so crispy and everything sounds well mixed :-)

i'm not an expert with automation but i tend to automate send amounts and also any interesting parameters on the send fx . there's plenty of low hanging fruit with automation really, anything filterable can be increased and decreased as the track progresses. volume automations can emphasize or de-emphasie different channels as the track goes on. if i've got sounds coming from a soft synth then i'll draw in a ton of subtle automation lanes just to make the sound move throughout the track.

i think actually i have a problem where i automate too much because i don't have any clear goals. anything with a load of dials will generally have a lot of subtle automation around the sweet spots brining things in and out of focus through the track.

i actually like to do semi random automation to parameters that i know can handle it too. that makes it easier for me to listen to the same track over and over as i'm making it because it will have bits that i can't completely predict.

anyway - take what i'm saying with a grain of salt because i'm no expert. i'm sure there are plenty of people around here that can give you some good advice :)