Amøbe - Reepoph

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Amøbe
Moderate
Amøbe - Reepoph

Post by Amøbe »

I tried to make something based around a riff - Can't really figure out if I like the riff or not, but I think it was important for me to get something like this out of the system :lol:

Curious what you guys think about it

Evert
who is it?
Re: Amøbe - Reepoph

Post by Evert »

I can see this track doing perfectly fine on a dancefloor.

One small remark: I wish the synth that starts around the 0:57 mark would cut through the mix more. It's a bit too far in the background in my opinion.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Evert wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:58 pm
I can see this track doing perfectly fine on a dancefloor.

One small remark: I wish the synth that starts around the 0:57 mark would cut through the mix more. It's a bit too far in the background in my opinion.
Thanks man :) I'll turn it up a bit or send a bit more to one of the aggressive compression busses!

illit_
Gazza

Post by illit_ »

mmm I know what you mean about that riff :lol: For me it sounds best when the filter is muting the high frequencies of the plucking synth, the tension is just kind of thrown off when the lpf opens up. Matter of style and personality that though tbh.

Low end is wicked, the atmosphere you've created is deep and textured, it's got the drive but has a laid back energy to it :D

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

illit_ wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:10 am
mmm I know what you mean about that riff :lol: For me it sounds best when the filter is muting the high frequencies of the plucking synth, the tension is just kind of thrown off when the lpf opens up. Matter of style and personality that though tbh.

Low end is wicked, the atmosphere you've created is deep and textured, it's got the drive but has a laid back energy to it :D
Thanks a lot for the feedback :) I think you are right about the filter - I might've played with it too much, which is probably also why I'm not completely sure how whether or not I like it! Will definitely revisit it