You and Slightly Small People - Night Rice

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
illit_
Gazza
You and Slightly Small People - Night Rice

Post by illit_ »

Yeoo, been on weird one lately. Wasn't finishing much and when I did they never sounded great, so I changed my workflow up a little. Before, I was recording 64+ bars of noodling then forcing loops out trying to make it into an interesting track. This time I recorded early with two elements and built the percussion and other synths around it. I'm sure others work this way but I had previous limitations from my laptop which are now non existent and so hadn't really committed to doing it this way round.

I feel the arrangement is much better than I have done before. I'm sure someone will find it boring though ;)

Appreciate any and all feedback :D nice one!

Amøbe
Moderate
Re: You and Slightly Small People - Night Rice

Post by Amøbe »

I don't find it boring at all :) If anything there might be quite a lot going on :lol:

Nevertheless there's a really great groove in there, and you make some very beautiful transitions - when the hihat switches at around 1.20, for instance, it worked crazy well!

There's something about the sounds and the groove that reminds me of LCD soundsystem, for some reason :D

illit_
Gazza

Post by illit_ »

Ya know, I've never given much time for LCD Soundsystem, heard them on the radio every now and then but haven't ever sat and listen to them lol. Thanks for giving a listen :P track might be too long but fuck it :lol:

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

illit_ wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:04 am
Ya know, I've never given much time for LCD Soundsystem, heard them on the radio every now and then but haven't ever sat and listen to them lol. Thanks for giving a listen :P track might be too long but fuck it :lol:
Hehe it doesn't sound like a LCD track, there's just something in the groove and some of the sounds that gave me a bit of that flavour ;)

I don't think it's too long

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

A very good way to start the day !!! This is the funniest (in a very good way) track I've heard for a long time - and it definitely has a great groove.
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

illit_
Gazza

Post by illit_ »

Amøbe wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:29 pm
illit_ wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:04 am
Hehe it doesn't sound like a LCD track, there's just something in the groove and some of the sounds that gave me a bit of that flavour ;)

I don't think it's too long
Ah yeah, I wasn't assuming it did sound like them, just got some similar tang :P

2latuile wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:59 am
A very good way to start the day !!! This is the funniest (in a very good way) track I've heard for a long time - and it definitely has a great groove.
Yeah great! Make techno fun again and all that haha ;)

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

illit_ wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:15 pm

Yeah great! Make techno fun again and all that haha ;)
Definitely !!! There was some kind of "The Residents meet the dancefloor" humoresque flavor in early techno and house stuff that seem to have been lost since...
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

I really like the playfullnes of the track with some cool incidentals thrown in there.
You did a great job on the arrangement.