Out Of Eden - Drifyn

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
2latuile
hmmmmmm...
Out Of Eden - Drifyn

Post by 2latuile »

Is it house or tech-house ?

Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

speen
unsure
Re: Out Of Eden - Drifyn

Post by speen »

dope dope dope
reminds me of some scott grooves stuff and I would definitely call this house

my main comment is that in the first half of the track the synth stabs and the rest of the beat seem a little detached, probably very well eq'ed but it misses a bit of dirt or verb to meld it together. after the break there is a pad that fixes this..

maybe a few more incidental high frequency synth notes here and there could also help and the low mids (?) of the bassline can possibly be increased a little to make them stand out more.

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

speen wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:00 am
dope dope dope
Thanks for the appreciation and useful feedback dude, will check those points ;)
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

I honestly have no suggestions on how to improve this one! You posted a track some time ago, where I said it sounded a bit like different tracks in one. That's not the case this time! It's super groovy and it has a very natural progression :)

It could probably be labelled tech house - that's often a naughty word in here, but that's because a lot of it is utterly boring. This tracks is way ahead of at least 90 % of the tracks DJs play, when I accidentally stumble into a tech house night :lol:

Really amazing work :)

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

This is very good, I can easily hear it being played out in a club setting. I would definitely call it house. Tech house today means quite a different thing. Dubby deep house or something like that.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

illit_
Gazza

Post by illit_ »

Amøbe wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:15 pm
I honestly have no suggestions on how to improve this one! You posted a track some time ago, where I said it sounded a bit like different tracks in one. That's not the case this time! It's super groovy and it has a very natural progression :)

It could probably be labelled tech house - that's often a naughty word in here, but that's because a lot of it is utterly boring. This tracks is way ahead of at least 90 % of the tracks DJs play, when I accidentally stumble into a tech house night :lol:

Really amazing work :)
I saw Bushwacka! last year. Best tech house going, was right down the middle of techno and house. Banging grooves with house like progression. Proper tech house is wicked but hard to pull off