Amøbe - HnqAH

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Amøbe
Moderate
Amøbe - HnqAH

Post by Amøbe »

I have made what I think is ambient techno. I can't really figure out if it's too boring and the background is too loud and stuff like that, so I'd love to lend some ears for it. (I think I need to create something with a funky bassline next)

2latuile
hmmmmmm...
Re: Amøbe - HnqAH

Post by 2latuile »

Not boring IMHO and the balance seems mostly fine to me. The tambourine could perhaps be tucked back a bit and/or be made a bit less resonant, and the kind of hi bleep / cowbell a touch louder and have some delay/reverb automation on it. Idem for the background noises (=> delay / reverb / etc automation). Love your pads, specially around the bridge. I wish I was able to make this kind of streamlined ambiant-yet-groovy tracks...
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Revisited the track and changed a few things - I thought the kick originally was too in your face, and the bleeps just didn't really work

illit_
Gazza

Post by illit_ »

was listening to the og thinking "kicks a bit much eh" then i scrolled down :lol:

I wonder if the track would work better not being 4x4 (and this is totally intrusive to the whole style more to do with my own tastes)
Background stuff works at the current level, could have some deeper quieter sounds swishing (literally swishing back and forth noise, or tiny percussion just chugging along) around, but that could clutter the ambience quite easily. It's a spacious mix which sounds tight as it is, could be an interesting route.

Sounds like a door shuts halfway through the breakdown. I like that :D

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

illit_ wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 9:40 pm
was listening to the og thinking "kicks a bit much eh" then i scrolled down :lol:

I wonder if the track would work better not being 4x4 (and this is totally intrusive to the whole style more to do with my own tastes)
Background stuff works at the current level, could have some deeper quieter sounds swishing (literally swishing back and forth noise, or tiny percussion just chugging along) around, but that could clutter the ambience quite easily. It's a spacious mix which sounds tight as it is, could be an interesting route.

Sounds like a door shuts halfway through the breakdown. I like that :D
thanks for listening - I think I'm at a place where I want to either rework it completely (I like your idea of non-4 kick) or scrap it - I think there's too much going on :oops:

I actually think that's a door sample :lol: