Amøbe - BïEtÅ

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Amøbe
Moderate
Amøbe - BïEtÅ

Post by Amøbe »

I made a trad techno track (I think). It's all stock plugins (made it on my work computer while downloading something massive), but I kinda like it :)

Curious what you guys think?

subvers^v
hunger marcher
Re: Amøbe - BïEtÅ

Post by subvers^v »

Pretty impressive for a quick track!
Reminds me of Fluke.
BTW, sounds like a nice job if you can jump on ableton for a bit! ..

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Thanks man :)

haha, I don't think I generally can do that, but I work at a music tech company, and sometimes some of us do some musicking (which is why ableton was there in the first place). But then I had to download this thing that took maybe 2 hours or so - which I needed for me to be able to get access to the data base I have to work in, so there was some time to kill :)

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Not bad at all, i think some of the transitions are a bit harsh (filter over delay?), kind feels to me like its missing a tail in certain places.

I like the sounds, and its impressive for a quick track, but think it could just use some polishing of transitions.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

willemb wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:33 pm
Not bad at all, i think some of the transitions are a bit harsh (filter over delay?), kind feels to me like its missing a tail in certain places.

I like the sounds, and its impressive for a quick track, but think it could just use some polishing of transitions.
Thanks for listening :) yeah I think I'm standing with you there - I was just kinda curious whether or not the idea actually was holding up, but it needs a little (a lot of) polish :) I think some incidentals wouldn't hurt it as well.

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

Solid groove, lovely kick&sub, but I agree that the filtered echoes on the main synth could do with some compression / dynamic EQ (and perhaps a couple less DBs) to tame the hashness . A bit more work on transitions and couple incidentals would possibly be fine too. But yes, good track, and quite impressive for a couple hours job !
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.