Jordan - Some house type shit

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Jordan - Some house type shit

Post by jordanneke »

Yo yo,

I’ve been working on this for way too long.

Half the time I listen to it I think ‘yeah, it’s ok’, the other half I think ‘simple and cheesy as fuck’.

Any thoughts?

speen
unsure
Re: Jordan - Some house type shit

Post by speen »

It sounds well produced, I'm always impressed by your conga skills
however, the break is about 2 minutes too long for my taste :lol:

I think all the elements of a great track are there but it maybe misses a last melodic element (rug) to tie the room together, and I think the string sound in the break might be it if you go all out with some UR/aztec mystic/octave one stuff

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

You are nailing a sound I very much relate to some Perlon releases, especially because it is so repetitive, I kind of lose myself in it, and it can just go on. That says something about your ability to make a great congas loop :)

I love it - I think it would be a wonderful track to DJ, because it's both loopy and emotional

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Thanks to the two of you.

@Speen, I tried to add a melodic element, but the synth takes up too much room when the filter is opened, so nothing else can fit, not even another string pattern.

@Amobe, thanks for the compliment, although I've heard of Perlon, I couldn't name anything on the label.

By the way, the congas...... they are a loop.... :oops:

I auditioned lots of loops, then I settled on one. Its pitch changes as I tuned them to the synth. I then processed them heavily to get them to sound a bit more sampled/ rough. I can get things in tune, can't do anything else I'm afraid....

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

jordanneke wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:00 pm
Thanks to the two of you.

@Speen, I tried to add a melodic element, but the synth takes up too much room when the filter is opened, so nothing else can fit, not even another string pattern.

@Amobe, thanks for the compliment, although I've heard of Perlon, I couldn't name anything on the label.

By the way, the congas...... they are a loop.... :oops:

I auditioned lots of loops, then I settled on one. Its pitch changes as I tuned them to the synth. I then processed them heavily to get them to sound a bit more sampled/ rough. I can get things in tune, can't do anything else I'm afraid....
Well you obviously don't need to do more, as that sounded fantastic wonderful!