Amøbe - Containment

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Amøbe
Moderate
Amøbe - Containment

Post by Amøbe »

Have been ill for the last couple of days, and this is the result of me lying in bed fiddling around :lol:

I kind of think that there are some issues, but I can't really pinpoint it down to what exactly it would be, so if anybody wanted to lend me their ears, a lot of love and karma will be sent their way <3

Amøbe
Moderate
Re: Amøbe - Containment

Post by Amøbe »

I just adjusted some levels - I think this is a little less cramped (can't edit the original post anymore)

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

This is the style of techno I still like the most. I love it when everything comes together.

I noticed the pad is more present in the second version, but it still sounds muffled to my ears.
You can definitely crank the levels on it. It ties everything together so nicely, so it should have more presence in the track.
The percussion you added after the break at 3:22 sounds great as well.

Arrangement wise, maybe you could add another element in the first part before the break.
Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

I hope you get well soon!

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Evert wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:14 pm
This is the style of techno I still like the most. I love it when everything comes together.

I noticed the pad is more present in the second version, but it still sounds muffled to my ears.
You can definitely crank the levels on it. It ties everything together so nicely, so it should have more presence in the track.
The percussion you added after the break at 3:22 sounds great as well.

Arrangement wise, maybe you could add another element in the first part before the break.
Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

I hope you get well soon!
Thank you so much :) I'm a lot better today (yesterday I think I was sort of on top - and now I feel normal again :lol:)

I've been thinking a lot about adding more before the break - and I think you are right! So now I just need to come up with something that makes sense :D

mervv
Jan : )

Post by mervv »

2nd version definitely sounds better.

I disagree about the pad, I think it's sitting nicely. It might stifle everything else if it were louder in the mix.

The crispy high-end stuff in the latter half sounds nice, but I think it might be a bit loud, it feels kind of like it's sitting on top of everything. If it were me, I'd bring it down a bit and scoop out a little with an eq where the main hat is, around 3k.

Very nice atmosphere and vibe.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Really appreciate all your pinpointers and feedback <3

I tried to make a version that follow what you said