spayne - dirty lines

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
speen
unsure
spayne - dirty lines

Post by speen »

i'm curious to hear your feedback on this guys..

it was a quick one but I quite like how it turned out.

FvH
crud
Re: spayne - dirty lines

Post by FvH »

Nice Detroit feel, still more work to do on arrangement (question-answer), A bit muddy and boxy sound, try to clean around 200-300hz.

loug
Pig

Post by loug »

Nice track, the pace could be more varied, add some more interesting breaks maybe? Drastic changes to the melody? For example I felt the bassline went all the way throughout the song largely unchanged, maybe a bit of variation in it would be good? The sound quality does need some tweaking, it kinda reminds me of my own tracks lol but yours is better though and louder, I need to polish mine way more

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

The mix is a bit uneven. The hats are really present, too present and the effects/ flanger could be more subtle.

The acid-ish line could do with a bit more stereo/ width and a bit more in the upper ranges. Right now it's kinda a bit monolithic with not much variation. Perhaps some filter opening. That would add some more variation to the track

The kick is a bit plodding without much character. It's neither driving or thumping.

BTW, I think the tune has real potential. I can clearly remember it 5-10 mins after listening. With a better mix, this will be golden.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

So I agree with what the others have said about the mix (so no need for me to repeat any of that). But damn that's a great track! I really hope you will work on it, because the strings and the bloopier mid-range sounds are amazing! I also like the way you have these rather abrubt breaks, and then full force back! It reminds me of Detroit, when it's best!

Kudos! Would buy a track like that :)

speen
unsure

Post by speen »

cheers guys, I took in your comments and did some tweaking on it.. that 101 bassline was messing up the mix so I turned it down, hopefully that helps.

I will upload a new version soon, once I have had some time to listen to it with fresh ears.

speen
unsure

Post by speen »

ok v2 then, thanks for the feedback everyone!

i lowered the volume on the bassline and added a higher octave to it's arp to get it out of muddy zone. also did some eq tweaks to add more air and some other stuff..

it sounds better I guess..

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

speen wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:48 am

ok v2 then, thanks for the feedback everyone!

i lowered the volume on the bassline and added a higher octave to it's arp to get it out of muddy zone. also did some eq tweaks to add more air and some other stuff..

it sounds better I guess..
Sorry for ghosting (was at a festival and had to escape our apartment, which is getting renovated) but this song deserves some recognition! I think it's a fucking banger! While I can't A/B it with the original this one seems well mixed to my ears, and I think it is a proper banger :) Good job!