Attenuator - 96north

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
FvH
crud
Attenuator - 96north

Post by FvH »

New track in progress..

The end still needs to be done, but anyway i still feel that something is missing in track. Or do you think that there is nothing more to put in there and just finish it like it is?

Thanks in advance! Cheers :)

Val Endrada
Jan : )
Re: Attenuator - 96north

Post by Val Endrada »

The poem is about loss of youth and lack of courage, so the feeling that "something is missing" is literally being expressed. I don't think adding to the musical arrangement can change that. Some labels might refuse releasing the track due to the potential copyrights issues. You can just choose to ignore that, of course, but In order to use it legally, you'd have to go through his family first - and apparently they rarely reply to such requests.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Pad-ish sound is a touch dark. Transients are a bit all over the place, some of them quite soft, others quite spike-y.

FvH
crud

Post by FvH »

Any tips on how to tame transients beside compressing them?

mervv
Jan : )

Post by mervv »

FvH wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:05 pm
Sometimes saturation can sound good and achieve the same results. I like to just use ableton's saturator on the soft sine setting. Turn up the drive very slowly and lower the output to match. You should try to match the perceived loudness bypassed and on, since your peak meters will measure lower as you tame the transients. It can be a tasteful way to control them.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

FvH wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:05 pm
Clip them.