Amøbe - Stuck in the Wheel

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Amøbe
Moderate
Amøbe - Stuck in the Wheel

Post by Amøbe »

Tried going for something more simple as I spent a lot of time working on an epic 7 and a half minutes long track that just didn't bang in the end :oops:

I guess I roughed up the sounds a bit more than I usually do, so if there is any major issues - especially related to that - I'm all ears :)

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears
Re: Amøbe - Stuck in the Wheel

Post by over9000 »

Nice progression!

i dont like the groove too much at the beginning especially that sidechained noise is tyring my ears a bit, but it gets better quickly when the other elements are in!
Love the pad/drone whatever that is at the beginning, later when its modulated to that pitchy plucky sound not so much anymore, but thats a matter of tatse

nice track, mix sounds very well to me!!

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

over9000 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:25 pm
Nice progression!

i dont like the groove too much at the beginning especially that sidechained noise is tyring my ears a bit, but it gets better quickly when the other elements are in!
Love the pad/drone whatever that is at the beginning, later when its modulated to that pitchy plucky sound not so much anymore, but thats a matter of tatse

nice track, mix sounds very well to me!!
thanks for listening :)

I agree with you on all accounts (except your disdain for the pluckiness - I like that sound :D). I really don't like the first minute or so, but I feel like the elements work together with the rest of the track later on, so maybe it's just a question of scrubbing that initial minute - maybe I was a bit too quick with the arrangement :lol:

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

The kick sounds too distorted, as does the percussion loop, in fact it all has a bit too much especially with that snare. Maybe turn it down just a touch?

Oh I see that you wondered that yourself!

Man, It's good to hear your stuff again.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

jordanneke wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:30 pm
The kick sounds too distorted, as does the percussion loop, in fact it all has a bit too much especially with that snare. Maybe turn it down just a touch?

Oh I see that you wondered that yourself!

Man, It's good to hear your stuff again.
Haha yeah I think I got carried a little away with it ;) I might go back and rework it (or just call it an exercise - that often ends up being the case)

FvH
crud

Post by FvH »

Nice groove and energy on Stuck in the wheel, but the excess of saturation is killing me. Don't know if this is on purpose but it ruined the track.

illit_
Gazza

Post by illit_ »

Ye this slaps in just the right way! Great energy, could minor the distortion if ya wanted but it sounds fine to me.