Marco Bailey & David Schwarz - Blaze (The Remixes) /incl. Tony Vegazz Remix

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
TonyVegazz
brown envelope
Marco Bailey & David Schwarz - Blaze (The Remixes) /incl. Tony Vegazz Remix

Post by TonyVegazz »

I used to promote shitloads of techno events and had several releases since 2009 but in the last 4 years i had withdrawn myself more and more as an artist. The main reason for this decision is mostly about cheap sensationalism in nowadays techno scene. It looks like it's more about being hip and follow actual trends than for the love for music. While operating my label 'Drowne Records' i received tons of demos from all over the world, dived into the business side of music and got very, very rigorous to my own productions. So I stopped sending demos due to the fact that i set my aspiration for techno music so high i couldn't achieve it anymore myself. After closing the label i had more time to focus on my own skills and got deeper into production techniques, mixdown issues and improving my workflow. (big THANK YOU to subsekt - what a great & wise community!)

So i got into a process of constant learning (where i'll stay as long as i produce music) and finished tracks just to feed my backup harddrive and share my productions sporadic to get honest feedback. About two months ago things turned, as one of my alltime techno-hereos and true icon Marco Bailey called for a remix contest for one of his latest tunes in collaboration with David Schwarz named 'Blaze'. I took my courage in both hands because i liked the idea to get heard or possibly even feedbacked by such an outstanding artist. Shortly after submitting my music i got a message from the man himself that my remix got selected as a winner pick for the 'Blaze' remix album on Marco's outstanding label MATERIA.

I've to say, even if i haven't got things straightened out with myself totally, that this signing was what i needed to stay on track. I think this is what it's all about. constant learning and never let the self-doubts take control. keep producing and keep getting heard to improve constantly.

youtu.be/KBY0nWU80mY